Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/home-d%C9cor-swap-2-entry-closes-april-19-2013-a-t217663.html)

DustysMomma 05-02-2013 08:58 AM

I've made so many potholders, but I never keep them! I made my best friend 2 sets to match 2 aprons I made her. Do you think I made me any? NO! Yeah, that's on my project list, especially now! I may have to make me some out of that maze throw leftovers. Red &black, can't go wrong there!

nancia 05-02-2013 12:56 PM

and that's exactly why i'm taking a break from swaps. i have nothing i've made, they have all been given away. and i love what i have rec'd in return! but i think i should have a little something of my work in my home! i bought the entire who knows pattern from sindy's site. it is in the last row i f you go of patterns on the site d'm linked to, and $5.00 less than her page. i'm just glad i have it!

sikesjj 05-02-2013 01:12 PM

I am there with you Nancia, I have three baby quilts to make along with my swaps, all the babies are due next month, they will be late, they don't need them in the middle of summer anyways, IMHO.

Took Beau Beau to the ears, nose, throat doctor today and they want to do the blood allergy test to see if we can avoid foods or something that is causing this and to remove his adenoids. I really liked the doctor but he was talking about cutting on my baby and I'm just not to sure about that.

nancia 05-02-2013 03:11 PM

oh, boy, i remember the earaches and sore throats. all my kids (all 204, lol) had ear tubes then tonsilectomies and adenoids out. what a tremendous change! no more ears and throats to deal with! the worst part was they made me carry my child into the operating room and put him on the table. omg! it felt like sacrificing my child at the altar of the ancient god of medicine. creepy!! very hard to do, but the results were worth it!

DustysMomma 05-02-2013 05:10 PM

I wish that they'd taken Dusty's tonsils & adenoids out and put tubes in when he was little. I've had a couple doctors since we moved (the GP & the ENT) tell me that they should have. It's hard, but what they go through otherwise can be worse. Dusty's been through a lifelong series of problems that finally led to surgery at 17. The ENT says the next tonsillitis they're coming out too. At 20, it's much harder on you than as a child, so I'm not looking forward to it.

As for the swaps, it's what keeps me going sometimes. No getting rid of me anytime soon.

nancia 05-02-2013 05:54 PM

just for the record-- i will still be here, just not participating, other than lusting after everyone elses' stuff, you know, like brat does. lololol ! i love the swaps and the friends at the end of my fingers, but i am so frustrated that i get nothing done on my own stuff. i have not left the building!

DustysMomma 05-02-2013 06:20 PM

Nancia, lol, you remind me of Elvis girl!

nancia 05-02-2013 06:34 PM

ah, dm, ya aint nothin but a hound dog, unh huh, unh huh!

nancia 05-02-2013 09:35 PM

oh, boy. i think i may be becoming addicted to the goodwill shop auctions. i won the bid on a featherweight-- and they still have several!--and i bid on a doll, and won it. but i bid on a shirley temple doll in the box, and lost it by $1. man oh man do i feel dumb not watching it more closely. oh, well, better luck next time! or maybe i'd better stay off the site! hmmmmm....i'll think about it.

sikesjj 05-03-2013 03:29 AM

What is the website for the goodwill auctions? I will still check in this summer but after this swap I will be done until after Spring of next year probably.

DM I had my tonsils removed at 24 and it was bad but I have been sick alot less.