Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/home-d%C9cor-swap-2-entry-closes-april-19-2013-a-t217663.html)

Elisabrat 05-23-2013 02:25 PM

um i dont have a cell phone nancia? I used yahoo signed up that way wasnt harder than this is just send her your email and she will send you an invite :)

queenof2802 05-25-2013 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Elisabrat:

Does this fabric make you think of watermelon?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415516[/ATTACH]

I am going to start cutting tomorrow.

nancia 05-25-2013 07:12 PM

ok, jamie-- please send me an invite! thanks:thumbup:

Elisabrat 05-26-2013 05:54 AM

I am excited about my move. There is a property that we might be able to rent real soon and its beyond perfect for me. A coral in back! a nice big lawn, hedge row on one side and big trees ...lots of space for planting veggies and having a pet duck and oh oh I feel like this would be us totally. the sky views? amazing big sky ..oh what a happy place that would be.

DustysMomma 05-26-2013 07:42 AM

Is this in Wyoming? Sounds like a nice place!

nancia 05-26-2013 10:24 AM

sounds great! ley me know when you get settled. i have a housewarming gift for you!

Elisabrat 05-27-2013 04:19 AM

Nancia its in Wyoming. We are moving right next to Jan :) ok maybe not right next to her but close :) and I hope everyone can come visit me. I am excited about the move. Where we stay when we get there who knows but definetely somewhere just praying its not an apartment. ugh but the old saying of it is what it is.. well that is how I will go with it. super tired today. ok its only 5 why I am up for no good reason well that I cant explain to you. maybe go back to sleep is a good plan. only packing ahead of me. joy!

DustysMomma 05-27-2013 04:39 AM

Yay! You'll be close to at least 1 friend anyway! I'm exhausted this morning too. I haven't slept well the last 2 nights. It was after 3 when I finally dozed off and I woke up at 6:15, an hr before the alarm went off. I never sleep good when my boyfriend isn't here. I do finally get to the point where exhaustion takes over and I sleep, then my sleep pattern usually gets pretty normalized, but it takes several days. He'll be home from China Wednesday, then leaves again on Saturday or Sunday and will be gone over 2 weeks to Florida and straight from there to Denmark & Finland. He's home 5 days out of the next month. Then he's home for a month, then gone to Korea for a week. The conference he's going to in Finland is the one I usually go with him for, but with me just starting this job in January, I can't take the time off, and he says there's not much to see where it is this year anyway, kind of like when it was in Poland 4 years ago. He brought me a beautiful vase back then though!

sikesjj 05-27-2013 04:30 PM

Nancia, I just got on the board for the first time in a few days. I will send a invite now!

DustysMomma 05-27-2013 05:11 PM

I have a question, and I figured I'd start here with my friends. We usually sleep with duvets, "Euro-style", instead of the conventional American style top sheet and blanket/comforter/quilt. I'll tell you though, this time of year gets kinda brutal for me. When I go to sleep, my little internal heater kicks on & I either don't sleep well or wake up sweating ever since my hysterectomy. So, I was thinking since I don't have any "me projects" that maybe I would make a summer-weight quilt the size of my duvet to use until we're back to heat instead of AC. So, my question is, have any of you made a specifically summer-weight quilt and what sort of batting would you suggest for it?

This question is also fitting with the time of year it is for Jamie's quilt drive as well.