Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2013-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-t208901.html)

Dragonfly Nana 01-06-2013 09:50 AM

Robin - Depends on what "feel" you want. White or pink will also go with green and yellow and make me think of spring flowers.

urgodschild2 01-06-2013 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5759730)
I have just returned from a relaxing couple of weeks at our fishing shack - beautiful sunny days sewing and reading on the verandah looking out at the lake. Had my young quilter friend come for a weekend and here she is showing off her 3rd little quilt she has made and a butterfly block, she is so enthusiastic and quick to learn about quilting, even if she is left-handed which makes it a bit of a challenge for me :)

Lynnie, she did a great job and it is so pretty.

Lynnie25 01-06-2013 12:06 PM

Spare a thought for those people unaccounted for as huge bushfires are devastating my home state of Tasmania over the last few days. Extreme temps of over 40degC are causing havoc along the east coast of Australia at present and everywhere is like a tinderbox ready to explode. Makes it really difficult to concentrate on sewing.

Dragonfly Nana 01-06-2013 03:08 PM

Oh Lynnie, I am so sorry to hear about the fires. Will add you and your neighbors to my prayers. Please stay safe.

Lynnie25 01-06-2013 05:56 PM

On a brighter note, buslady I have decided what I am doing for your DQ. Let's just say I am going a little crazy and starry eyed this month so I hope this doesn't test our friendship :) (a cryptic sneak peek)

Dragonfly Nana 01-06-2013 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Elisabrat - I finished your DQ and it should go out in tomorrow's mail. Here is a look at the fabric that started the whole thing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386360[/ATTACH]

Dragonfly Nana 01-06-2013 07:32 PM

oops- I should have compressed that photo first - sorry it is so large

Elisabrat 01-06-2013 07:45 PM

Paula such subtle shy unassuming fabric you chose. its cautious nature is just like my own. Marvelous magifico!bravo bravo dear Lady. That is cool fabric who makes it if I may ask? I like the swirly pattern.. lately swirly patterned fabrics are finding their way into my gotta have wish list. the list grows and grows.. thankfully I can not buy all the fabrics I 'gotta have'. I am on the needs and wants budget. They do not match. so the list grows and grows better than any plant garden I could have. but.. its free. wishing is free and for me is half as good as getting it. I am warped. I also freely admit it. Thanks for working so fast we both should be getting ours about the same time. How fun is that?

Dragonfly Nana 01-06-2013 08:13 PM

Very fun indeed! I can't wait to see what you have made and what you think of my final product with that material. Whimsy was very much involved. Hubby thought the DQ turned out great - but you will be the final judge.
I must confess it is a FQ from JoAnns so I have no idea who the manufactured it. It (and its companions) was one I "had to have" about a year ago - on sale!
I know what you mean about swirls - I love them and have collected when I could.

nancia 01-07-2013 12:02 AM

for you swirls, for me polka dots. can't get enough! but alas, i signed up for the fabric moratorium. what was i thinking??? lol, i have stash i have no place to stash!! i'd take over the guest room, but that's where my wardrobe is living! promised dh i would sort-- keep, throw, donate! -- once i finished my boom blocks. that's done, so i'm onto a table runner and, of course, a dq. have way too many ideas and can't settle on just one. HELP!!