Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Mini Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-mini-quilt-swap-t258811.html)

JuneBillie 01-15-2015 10:06 PM

I hope you feel better soon quiltjoey. Those type of things are difficult to get over.

Elisabrat 01-16-2015 06:12 AM

junebillie: absolutely love your rose fabric. omg its so pretty!

Kiffie: want your monkey. NOW (grin). mail it immediately to me! what a great package you received and that paper pieced rose is stunning. Your partner did a killer job on that one. One day, maybe one day I will do more than just wish!

I finished my top, need to quilt it today and to add a few .. embellishments? to the top then it can be mailed. better late than never! ok not better late but trying to get so much done in a short time frame. I am afraid I wont be able to sew for a month which worries the heck out of me!

klaws 01-16-2015 07:09 AM

Linda, just take your time. I'm in no hurry to receive it. I know you have a lot on your plate besides finishing my mini. I know I will love whatever you send. <3

JuneBillie 01-16-2015 10:10 AM

Yes Linda take your time. Lots of love in what you are making so it takes time. :)

Linda do you also paper piece? I was curious. Someday we will have to start a learn to paper piece for some of us that would like to learn, that way we could exchange among ourselves, and we would all still be proud of our wonky looking pieces as we go along. :D

tlambing 01-16-2015 10:17 AM

I enjoy Paper piecing! It just "seems" intimidating. I have found that in my quilting group...everyone finds a different way that their brain grasps it. Funny how we are all so different.
Beautiful minis everyone! and remember that we are working ahead now. These minis have a February theme, so your partner will get to enjoy them all month, even if you don't get them shipped out until the mail date! No need to rush yourselves!

S.W.A.K.
Teresa

JuneBillie 01-16-2015 12:28 PM

Teresa have you been paper piecing for a long time?
I have a book on it, and things to use. I just need to keep at it. I have just got busy, and then put it down.

tlambing 01-16-2015 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
JuneBillie I've only been PPing a couple of years. I did this New York beauty as my first PP project. Talk about jumping in with 2 feet!!!! PPing and curves! I need to get this quilt finished. I am trying so hard to finish up my UFO's.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506420[/ATTACH]

klaws 01-16-2015 01:12 PM

Wow, Teresa, that was an ambitious project to take on for your first. But it is turning out beautiful! Good work!

JuneBillie 01-16-2015 03:04 PM

Wow Teresa, You were an expert before you even started. lol.. That is beautiful. Do you have any advice for me to get started with the paper piecing?

Cheesehead 01-16-2015 03:08 PM

Teresa, that's a gorgeous New York Beauty! I have that pattern and it's on my list of things "to do"

Jan