Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html)

JuneBillie 01-23-2015 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7060570)
Her name is Penelope and she will live on the high shelf (out of reach of the cats) with Louis the blowfish pincushion. They will be very happy together.

Belfrybat, I have seen a picture and a pattern of the "blowfish," when doing a search on pincushions, and it was the cutest thing.

lynnie 01-23-2015 08:09 PM

everyone in the way of the storm stay warm. it won't be as bad as they are telling us. we'll prob. get nothing.
stay warm and sew on!

Quilty-Louise 01-24-2015 07:37 AM

I use the E6000 glue, and so far I have never had any
issues with stuff "falling" off.
Not to mention it seems to stay flexible when dry. I used
it to mend the strap of my purse when it came loose that
was about 2 years ago, and still holding strong, although
I changed to new purse last week.

Originally Posted by ctyankee (Post 7060602)
SewExtremeSeams -- that mousie is SUPER adorable! Thank you for the pattern! I was hoping you'd send us a link, but was afraid to ask (so some braver soul did it for me). Thank you!

QuiltyLouise -- love the package you put together. Particularly the jar pincushion. What a clever thing to come up with! I could see the plastic flowers on the jar ... you haven't had any problems with them falling off? I know that glass jar is textured -- if that's the right term to use. Great package!

Patchesnposies 01-24-2015 07:59 AM

Quilty-Louise, I also use the E6000 glue and have been real happy with it. My swap partner, Whigrose, used a crimp bead to hold her decorative beads onto the pin and I thought that incredibly clever. Eliminates the smell from the glue. lol! I am going to give the crimp bead a try next. (IF my poor old arthritic hands can manage the tool.)

SewExtremeSeams 01-24-2015 09:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Yesterday my swap partner's package arrived. What a delight! All the way from Florida.

Dorothy, SewDiva, sent me a cute little heart box filled with Russel Stover's Pecan Delight.... wow, they are all gone. I love caramel and pecans. Thanks.

She also included a cute flower pincushion with a wonderful variety of fabrics and prints. The flower reminds me of Florida Sunshine though.

She also included hot pink fat quarter (fave color along with purple), a pair of purple earrings with a choker necklace, and the sweetest little Mariska doll needlecase. Thank you Dorothy, You are a wonderful partner.

lynnie 01-24-2015 09:21 AM

Linda, what a nice swap pkg you got . Nice colors in the flower too.

Patchesnposies 01-24-2015 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 7061696)
Yesterday my swap partner's package arrived. What a delight! All the way from Florida.

Dorothy, SewDiva, sent me a cute little heart box filled with Russel Stover's Pecan Delight.... wow, they are all gone. I love caramel and pecans. Thanks.

She also included a cute flower pincushion with a wonderful variety of fabrics and prints. The flower reminds me of Florida Sunshine though.

She also included hot pink fat quarter (fave color along with purple), a pair of purple earrings with a choker necklace, and the sweetest little Mariska doll needlecase. Thank you Dorothy, You are a wonderful partner.

Linda, did you hear that squeal all the way from New Mexico? That little babushka doll needle case is to die for!!!! Love her, love her, love her!!!! Who do I have to bribe to get SewDiva for a swap partner next??? LOL

SewExtremeSeams 01-24-2015 09:36 AM

Patchesnposies, I thought I heard something from the south! That was you?

Babushka, Mariska, Matreshka, Matryoshka are names I have found so far. Dorothy did impeccable work, it is even padded slightly to give it more dimension. She is a treasure to me. I would almost like to put a pin on the back of her and wear her as a brooch.

Patchesnposies 01-24-2015 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 7061741)
Patchesnposies, I thought I heard something from the south! That was you?

Babushka, Mariska, Matreshka, Matryoshka are names I have found so far. Dorothy did impeccable work, it is even padded slightly to give it more dimension. She is a treasure to me. I would almost like to put a pin on the back of her and wear her as a brooch.

That WAS me!

I think it would be simple to make her into a brooch and back again, without changing her purpose as a needle case. She is just too too cute! Dorothy does such fine embroidery, too. Mine always looks like a 10 year old did it. Beautiful swap SewDiva! Lucky you, Linda!

klaws 01-24-2015 10:17 AM

Wow, Linda, what a fantastic package you received from SewDiva. Beautiful pincushion and needlecase. And the earrings and necklace is so pretty. Great job!