Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html)

lynnie 01-24-2015 03:57 PM

love the package from Dwina. all so cute, love the chocolate.
such nice packages coming in. Love the snowflake and the snowman. so seasonal and
adorable.

Belfry bat, love the lips on the fish, love the fish!
I want a fish now. anyone want to swap a quilty needlecase rollup for a lippy fish????
Louis is sexy, love his lips!!!

lawsonmugs 01-24-2015 04:35 PM

Dwina, the snowman is just so cute. is it applique? Love the snowflake pin cush. too. Very nice.

TOOMANYUFO'S 01-24-2015 04:47 PM

ctyankee, glad you liked your pkg. My DD and another quilting friend were sewing here with me when I made the snowman. They both said, " how can you give him away?" I was beginning to get attached to him! I think I will have to make one 12" x 12" snowman quilt to put on my little metal quilting stand. We are getting a bad storm here and it looks like we are getting another storm on Monday night thru Tues. They say it is gonna be a real Noreaster and be worse because of the high winds.

The little doll needle case is sweet and the fish with big lips, just the cutest PC. Who could put pins in him? Once you name them they are family. I love fish, I always had aquariums until later years.

TOOMANYUFO'S 01-24-2015 04:53 PM

Mary, both the snowman and snowflake are blanket stitch applique. The snowflake was the hardest to applique. I am responsible for a mystery quilt for our guild and it is all applique. Thank goodness it is small. I prefer to do needle turn applique.

Ladybug 1938 01-24-2015 04:59 PM

Where did you get that glue Louise??? I was looking for some good glue Wednesday and didn't see anything I knew anything about...

Oh my all he lovely things and the Matreuska Doll is just beautiful, she can come to live at my house... I just think our gals are super great in all the different things they are making and putting into packages for the rest of us... YOu should all pat yourself on the back and while I'm on my soapbox thanks to Karen for all she is doing to keep us all happy.. Hugs and luv ya all...

Quilty-Louise 01-24-2015 06:03 PM

Rosemary - I get the E6000 glue at WalMart, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby.
Just be careful I ended up buying a tube of black messed up my whole
project and had to start over.

klaws 01-24-2015 06:37 PM

I will be posting sign-ups tomorrow for the February swap. I hope everyone signs up again! :thumbup:

Ladybug 1938 01-24-2015 06:42 PM

Thanks for the info Louise what other colors are there

roserips 01-24-2015 06:56 PM

Well I enjoyed reading all of the recent posts an looking at those adorable PC's and NC's. I can't decide what I like best the mouse is just darling and that flower so sunny and bright just lifts my spirits seeing it. Rodney pried me out of the house to go to the library today so my package is heading East. Should be there by the 27th with luck. Stay warm and enjoy your sewing.

Belfrybat 01-24-2015 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 7062206)
Louis is adorable. Do you know what pattern he came from? I love his lips.

I made him at a quilting retreat a couple of years ago. He's made from this pattern: http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cut...sh-pincushion/
The instructor showed us a much easier way to make the lips. Cut out two and sew all around. Cut a slit on one side and turn. We used the straw method of turning. She also suggested using batiks as they are closely woven and don't stretch, plus to use fray check on all the seams to stabilize them and to prevent the crushed walnut shells or sand from seeping through.