Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Postcard Swap - Name that Tune! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-postcard-swap-name-tune-t293289.html)

cuppy 01-22-2018 01:06 PM

When my pal received her postcard from me, I am sure you all will be able to guess right away. I think it is in route.

cuppy 01-22-2018 02:57 PM

I received my postcard from Armylady2012. I figured it out. Name that tune, a favorite group and song of mine. Well DH helped me out...

I will see if we can get a pic of it. I want someone else name it.

Armylady2012 01-23-2018 08:34 PM

Cuppy I received my FPC today, my daughter had to give me some hints but I eventually guessed it I will post a picture tomorrow so the others can try to guess it.

m-fay 01-24-2018 04:29 PM

I've been sitting on the fence here. I've only missed 2 songs Leather & lace and pink houses. Id never heard them before so listened to them on utube.

kwyltaholic 01-24-2018 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Judith,
I received you PC today and it wonderful!
I figured it out after I read it! It's funny cuz it was my favorite song too.
My daughter even bought me the cassette!
Thanks for everything else.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587651[/ATTACH]

cuppy 01-25-2018 03:00 AM

I think I know this.... I will send a pm

Sleepy Hollow 01-25-2018 10:28 AM

I'm pretty sure I know the one with the balloons, and, if so, the original was German ;)

But, the non-balloon part of the card makes me not as sure.

Sleepy Hollow 01-25-2018 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow (Post 7989929)
I'm pretty sure I know the one with the balloons, and, if so, the original was German ;)

But, the non-balloon part of the card makes me not as sure.

Nevermind, I'm sure! I don't think I've ever heard the English version, I just knew there was one. So, I played that, and, yep, within the first line, definitely the right song :D

Funny how we always sang it in German (poorly) and never knew what it meant!

Texastam 01-25-2018 07:17 PM

Hmm....I want to think this a 80's song???

Originally Posted by kwyltaholic (Post 7989651)
Judith,
I received you PC today and it wonderful!
I figured it out after I read it! It's funny cuz it was my favorite song too.
My daughter even bought me the cassette!
Thanks for everything else.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587651[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 01-26-2018 07:01 AM

You ladies that have guessed mine are correct. I can tell you what I told kwyltaholic, if I'd know what that song was really about back then, I would have been terrified. I had a very sheltered childhood. I was stunned as I was researching that song before I made the card. I used to think it was just a catchy toon. And, now it really hits home, what with is going on with that North Korean leader. My DSIL is in the National guard (was Air Force). And is being deployed soon to an undisclosed but hazardous area. I am very concerned for him, my daughter and dear grands.