Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

quiltingdragon 01-09-2013 01:14 PM

I'm hoping to finish the item today for my sq so I can mail tomorrow. If anyone has any ideas for something handmade to go to anybody (I have NO info), I'd appreciate them. Someone neglected to pick up their secret quilter for guild, so the committee members are going to each make something in case the person doesn't suddenly realize that they don't have theirs... we don't want this person to be left out, obviously, but I am at a loss as to what to make. Suggestions? We are also going to each make a handmade pincushion, and as our Saturday night activity, we are playing "rob your neighbor"/ White elephant with them! I think I know what I want to make but if anyone has a cool pincushion pattern, I'd like to know about it!

SewMomma66 01-09-2013 03:21 PM

I have returned and I have some funny information for my SP. (Sorry was ill the last week ugh!!!) Did you know in your state you are forbidden to eat in a place that is on fire? You can not give a dog whiskey. You also cannot fish while sitting on a giraffe's neck. Yep absolutely true laws in your state. Ha! Ha! Just finishing your package. It will be in the mail by Friday!!! She also likes hand embroidery!! He he he......

verna2197 01-09-2013 03:32 PM

Don't you just love it when you post something and nobody even reply's to you . Hmmm really makes a person wonder.

quiltingdragon 01-09-2013 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 5771771)
Well I guess I don't get to play this month. I sent Lori my info on the 26th of Dec., she never got it. In the meantime I was in Indy for Christmas came home for 1 day and had to turn right back around for a funeral. Then when I finally get home this past Friday I am so sick I can just barely hold my head up. Anyway had a pm from Lori telling me to resend it to her which was posted on the 4th I think. I contacted her yesterday to see if she still had someone for me but so far haven't heard back from her. GRRRR, I already had my box almost all ready too.

I had to do the same, keep trying!

Nancy in Louisiana 01-09-2013 04:12 PM

Jan SP

I received a wonderful pkg from Vanogay, filled with MardiGras, fabric, books, and chocolate! Shen sent and absolutely gorgeous table topper (notice how all the stripes line up perfectly--I'm so envious), fabric perfect for the baby quilts I'm making, patterns I'm very interested in trying, a good mystery book to read while the weather is so depressing here (rainy and gloomy), needles, bobbin covers, a much-needed pair of scissors with a beaded fob, hot chocolate mix -- well, see it all for yourself. It just went on and on. I don't know how to begin to let her know how much I appreciate it all. Pictures coming as soon as find how to shrink them again ...

reeskylr 01-09-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5773973)
Gotta be me - I'm the only one I've heard on this thread where the zip is 32. I'll love all the cra--goodies you put in there!!!:thumbup:

:eek:
:o
:thumbup:

reeskylr 01-09-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon (Post 5774309)
I'm hoping to finish the item today for my sq so I can mail tomorrow. If anyone has any ideas for something handmade to go to anybody (I have NO info), I'd appreciate them. Someone neglected to pick up their secret quilter for guild, so the committee members are going to each make something in case the person doesn't suddenly realize that they don't have theirs... we don't want this person to be left out, obviously, but I am at a loss as to what to make. Suggestions? We are also going to each make a handmade pincushion, and as our Saturday night activity, we are playing "rob your neighbor"/ White elephant with them! I think I know what I want to make but if anyone has a cool pincushion pattern, I'd like to know about it!

I have one that makes little pies, but I haven't made it yet.

http://www.chitterchatterdesigns.com/files/IPIE.jpg

Nancy in Louisiana 01-09-2013 04:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And here they are:

Nancy in Louisiana 01-09-2013 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And one more:

Ladybug 1938 01-09-2013 04:37 PM

wow Nancy really neat table topper... and everything else is supper, like the scissor fob and the scissors, they look like good embroidery ones...