Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Swap closes Jan 1 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-swap-closes-jan-1-4pm-t237504.html)

homecaregiver 12-28-2013 07:26 AM

I am in again as well and I a have already sent my info sheet to Lori. Thanks Lori and hope the New Years sees good health for you.
Pat

fabric lover 12-28-2013 08:36 AM

I'm in too, already send my info to you Lori. Thank you for oganizing this swap again.

Bullock2us 12-28-2013 02:05 PM

I am in again also-sent my info already. Hope everyone has a healthy and Happy New Year!

Momo 12-28-2013 03:24 PM

Count me in this time.

Knitette 12-29-2013 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in again too, but I just wanted to say a huge 'Thank You' to all of you who are willing to send International - I really do appreciate your kindness.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]453709[/ATTACH]
(Some of you may recognise the tartan from your parcels. It's clan Campbell, which was my late mother's maiden name).

fabric lover 12-29-2013 05:28 AM

Love the tartan Knitette, most of all I love that families have their own pattern.
I agree, it's fantastic girls want to send 'across the big pond' because that has become very expensive.
So a big thanks from me too.
Not that I'm curious, but I always like to be well-informed ROFL: what doe 'lang may yer lum reek'? I think it's something like : may your luck last a long time??? Or are you rolling on the floor laughing now? :-))

Knitette 12-29-2013 06:05 AM

You were close. The literal translation is, 'Long may your chimney smoke'. In other words - 'Have a long life'.

(I've been to Amsterdam a couple of times and DH works for a Dutch oil company).

Gaijin 12-29-2013 06:43 PM

Knitette,

How are you? You are an awesome swap partner!

Gaijin

fabric lover 12-30-2013 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6479662)
You were close. The literal translation is, 'Long may your chimney smoke'. In other words - 'Have a long life'.

(I've been to Amsterdam a couple of times and DH works for a Dutch oil company).

I love going to Amstgerdam Knitette, almost as much as I love leaving it again LOL. It is a beautifull and special city, but I'm always glad to return to the peace and quiet of my part of the country (about 100 km east of Amsterdam).

Your husband is a wise man for picking a Dutch company to work for , or may be I'm just biased ;-)

Knitette 12-30-2013 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gaijin (Post 6480991)
Knitette,

How are you? You are an awesome swap partner!

Gaijin

Why thank you Deborah! :o I'm very well. I'm finally in my new quilt room - hooray! The lovely decoupage card I got from you (time before last, I think) sits on my windowsill and the calendar is on the wall by my computer.

It's funny - I was thinking about you just last night! I was watching a programme on TV about Scottish Country Dancing which is apparently quite popular in Tokyo, of all places. This chap comes over to summer school in St Andrews every year and teaches classes back in Tokyo. Apparently it's popularity is due to not only the discipline of the dances and the teamwork, but also the patterns of the sets, which form squares, circles and triangles which seemingly the Japanese like. :shock:

(Scottish Country Dancing is different to Highland Dancing which is often performed solo - although I think we'll seeing quite a bit of the latter on Hogmany/New Year's Eve, lol.)

Hae a Guid New Year ma freen.