Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Swap closes Jan 1 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-swap-closes-jan-1-4pm-t237504.html)

Knitette 12-30-2013 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by fabric lover (Post 6481286)
Your husband is a wise man for picking a Dutch company to work for , or may be I'm just biased ;-)

Lol! I'll have to agree for the time being. He only started with them a few months ago - they sent a beautiful bunch of flowers on commencement and we got a wonderful hamper sent at Christmas. He did his induction in Middleburg. :)

(Everyone in the US is still asleep - they're going to think I've taken possession of the thread for myself, lol.)

fabric lover 12-30-2013 02:39 AM

Let's just say it's 'europian' time LOL.
I never got flowers when I started a job anywhere. Did get flowers when I quit though. Hmmmm, I better not think too much about that one ROFL.

Are there a lot of quilters (and quiltshops) in Scotland? I suppose fabrics are about as expensive as in England? That's about the same price we have to pay. I 'm always surprised by the US prices , too bad postage has gotten so expensive :-(
Over here quilting was rather unknown till about 15 yrs ago, now it is rather wide spread, although there are still a lot of people who either never heard of it or think it's a silly hobby. LOL and we should just buy a fleece blanket or something like that to cuddle up under .

bela2 12-30-2013 02:11 PM

I want in on this swap!
thanks for setting it up

Knitette 12-30-2013 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by fabric lover (Post 6481297)
Are there a lot of quilters (and quiltshops) in Scotland? I suppose fabrics are about as expensive as in England? That's about the same price we have to pay. I 'm always surprised by the US prices , too bad postage has gotten so expensive :-(

I think there's less than 20 shops in the whole of Scotland - only one in my town. At the current exchange rate, fabric is around $22 a metre and FQs are about $5-6 each. Notions are about double too. I think Australia has similar prices with Europe. My LQS has a sale on 6th January, so fabric should be reduced to $13-15. I'll be stocking up on a few things for the swap then :)

quiltnut4ever 12-30-2013 05:06 PM

Knitette I lived in Germany for six yrs and do understand the cost of fabric. I went to one store and it blew my mind how much they wanted for a metre! Bless your heart and all our international friends that mail out to the US!

maggy 12-30-2013 05:32 PM

Sending in mine today

mscupid804 12-30-2013 06:23 PM

I'm in this month, info already sent.

bjsmith57 12-30-2013 06:54 PM

I just sent you a PM.

Grandma Peg 12-31-2013 09:07 AM

Just sent my info to Lori. Happy new year!!!!

hav4boys 12-31-2013 10:01 AM

I am back and in. Thanks for the note Grandma Peg. Much appreciated.