Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Fat Quarter (FQ) Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-fat-quarter-fq-swap-t225083.html)

MaryMo 07-21-2013 12:30 PM

I got into organizing a couple of weeks ago and am having difficulty locating the sack that held my 30's fabric .... looking, looking, looking .... I know it is here and I will find it today .... somehow. It will go out in the mail Monday or Tuesday, if I have to go shopping again!

tlambing 07-21-2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6188604)
I haven't seen my swaps yet! BooHoo! Everybody seems to be getting their swaps but me. Oh well, They will probably be here tomorrow and I'll be sorry that I complained.
Not complaining, just hoping I wasn't forgotten again!

You're not alone :) I'm still waiting on 1 of mine too. I did get one yesterday :)

tlambing 07-21-2013 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received a beautiful stack of repro. fabrics yesterday from JVan228. I LOVE the Alice fabrics and how did you know RED is my color? Thank you so much!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]425070[/ATTACH]

starshine 07-21-2013 01:08 PM

I like sender's choice for at least once a year. I like having themes that have universal appeal like fall colors, winter, spring, flowers, batiks, etc. But I like a challenge of something different too. And I like the idea of being it one that isn't what you would normally have as it opens us up and challenges us to find ways to use fabrics that we wouldn't normally choose. You can make something for someone else out of it if you don't like it but I think these things help expand our creative flow.

MaryMo if I understand your comment you are suggesting that the sender will pick their own theme for what they send for expample one might have flowers and s/he would send all fq with flowers; someone else may pick a color and whatever color they pick send that. Am I understanding this correctly?
That could work but sometimes it's nice to not have any restrictions at all.
So maybe a,,,
Wild and crazy-anything goes fq swap

someone's ugly fabric could be someone else's treasure. That month could be themed "What was I thinking"

Maybe TOYS,

Maybe a month of my favorite things-this could also be a sender's choice theme.

Trip memories -could be one trip or several combined.

FQs that are related to Favorite Movie, TV show, or Book. (Yes favorite things spurred this idea)-
[ex: if Sounds of Music was a fav. movie fabrics could include Pincone print, mountains, lake, guitar, small white flowers, puppets, children playing or singing, cotton fabric that looks like a drapery print, anything mentioned in my favorite things song, musical scales & notes. Favorite show example MASH could be army camouflage, medical types, jeeps, tents, dresses. etc. NCIS could be computers, naval things, ships, coffee cups, elevators (hehe), etc. ]

Most recent movie or book

Or Brenda could list her favorite story, tv show, movie, book and we could try to find five things that fit.

Maybe October or November could be Harvest and fruits and veggies would fit that.

Animals-in general or in particular such as pets, farm type, wild or jungle.

Drapery theme(yes another S of Music inspiration) FQs that look like they could be drapery fabric.

Music and musical instruments

"my favorite color(s)" Colors that you love

Ok I'm going to take a break now- and maybe if there is a challenging type of theme it would be good to get a few months notice that month_____ is going to be ________.

starshine 07-21-2013 01:13 PM

And yes I'm waiting for one of my swaps too, but the person sending had Brenda send a pm explaining the delay.

MaryMo 07-21-2013 06:13 PM

from starshine: "MaryMo if I understand your comment you are suggesting that the sender will pick their own theme for what they send for expample one might have flowers and s/he would send all fq with flowers; someone else may pick a color and whatever color they pick send that. Am I understanding this correctly?"

Yes starshine, thanks for clarifying my idea ... the sender chooses the theme. I wouldn't want to do this every month but it does sound enticing occasionally. Brenda is great in choosing themes so I'm sure some of the ideas suggested here willl help her out.

Elisabrat 07-22-2013 03:03 AM

Harvest would be great for August because your right we could use them in time for the season you really need them the month before so you can whip something up with them. wall hangings and TABLERUNNERS :) especially because some of the swappers ship a bit slower than others.. so you can go pretty far into the month before receiving. Sept Halloween and Oct Thanksgiving Nov Christmas and Dec Winter! tada! I sure love the holidays and seasons. then...
or or we could do WILD this month anything that you feel is wild. wild critters? wild flowers? wild crazy fabric the stuff you bought and thought wth (what the heck :) was I thinking??? no no honestly if you hate it its probably pretty bad so please don't send it to me! lol.. Brenda I think you put the suggestions in a bowl stir it up and grab one and run with it. we are all excited to know what the next one will be.

jclinganrey 07-22-2013 04:38 AM

I received wonderful FQ's from yosamitesa. Still waiting patiently for my 2nd set - - -

Jane

jclinganrey 07-22-2013 04:42 AM

I've seen several good ideas for possible future themes. Here are a few more:

Black & white
Asian style
Civil War reproduction
novelty
brights
Kaffee Fassett style
Thimbleberries (does anyone still follow that line anymore??)
Shabby chic

Jane

sunrise450 07-22-2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6188701)
I know one person who was sending had a family emergency before she could mail out her FQ's........that might be who is your partner. If so I know she will mail as soon as she gets back home.

Oh! I hope that is not the reason! If so please forgive me for being so cranky.