Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-mug-rug-swap-summer-time-fun-makers-choice-t266690.html)

omacookie 07-06-2015 05:48 AM

Jaba, I would give you a BLUE ribbon if I was the judge . Hugs, omacookie

jaba 07-06-2015 06:41 AM

Thank you oma...really nice to see you on the board again. Missed your little chats.

ctyankee 07-06-2015 06:43 AM

Jaba -- beautiful quilt! Good luck at the show!

lynnie 07-06-2015 07:55 AM

Jaba, love your quilt. would go perfectly on my white bed in my beachy bedroom. beautiful work!!

Elisabrat 07-06-2015 08:01 AM

Love the colors in that quilt. a keeper for sure! wowsa Jan. a Cal King? omg the hours that went into making that. I agree, a winner absolutely :)

Well how are you coming with your July mug rugs? anyone gotta a sneak peak for us? anybody?? lol. I hope you made it through the holiday weekend in grand order. As to fireworks from here? I could see the ones done down in the valley towards Heart Mountain Jan. but the ones from the fair grounds too many tree to see them. We heard them though lol. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! til about 10:30. It was fine with me. Also across the street two big trucks came and parked their happy tails in the spot that would make lovely viewing for me. They kept turning on the car lights for something and had those extra spotter lights on it so it lit up like a Christmas tree half the time and covered most of the lights. darn it! next year going to have Steve go out there and park sideways. no one can park there then lol. course when he moves it to see the lights from the house for me? someone will sneak in. sigh. its still a treat to see four or five :) I love fireworks. My father used to do them for the whole neighborhood. Everyone would come to our house and bring their little boxes. My dad would go out and buy 200.00 worth of fireworks in the 60s. combined? tons of fireworks at least five houses worth. Then we would set up picnic benches and everyone would sit on our lawn and watch the works. the sparklers the kids had you know back then.. each family had at least 2 to 4 kids. we would run around like crazy on the grass with those things kids inevitably getting burned on their hands at least once but no one minded much. it was GREAT. what wonderful memories I have of those days. bbq and then fireworks. now I am satisfied with a couple and all is good. I love to buy those little fountains? you know 4 inches or so? they make me just as happy as a 6 foot one which scares the living daylights out of me. I like my trees. I love my yard. and my house lol. silly things like that. but .. I sure like a tiny fountain or two. grin... the little things that bring you joy lol.

Cant wait to see what your making or have made (even if its not a mug rug) so share away. We love ideas! love to see the creativity! photos photos photos! (selfish I know)

Whigrose 07-06-2015 08:05 AM

Jaba, your quilt looks great to me. Good luck with the judging.

Waaa... so sad. I was hand sewing the binding on the mug rug for sewbizgirl when realized I forgot to sew in corner hangers. And if that wasn't bad enough, after I finished sewing the binding I now know that was are diagonal checks originally in the fabric, end up being straight when cut on the bias. Up until that moment,I was pleased with the overall piece. Ugh. The binding is off and now to find something that will work up half as cute. Darn it...

ctyankee's binding is on. I am getting some serious opinions about not mailing this one on. My thought is, I can do it again. I must say, this is one of my favorite 'little' pieces. Pamela, you deserve it.

Well, off to the lqs.

Best,
deb in sultry Maine

rwquilts 07-06-2015 09:15 AM

I love the colors in your quilt Jaba! It looks to be beautifully quilted. Good luck with the fair!

I have finished my partner's mug rug and after doing just a bit of shopping, I will get this in the mail to ljdugas...it's been a fun one to work on!

ljdugas31 07-06-2015 09:48 AM

can't wait!!! I finished yours also. Packing up sending out end of the week.

sewbizgirl 07-06-2015 10:18 AM

Whigrose, sorry you had trouble. You don't have to put in corner hangers. I use the mug rugs flat on the table! I didn't put any on yours... sorry. You should have your package from me any time now. Probably tomorrow, if not today.

Linda, you need to get a couple or three of those tall orange traffic cones and stick them across the street so no one can park and block your view of the fireworks next year. Residents should have first shot at the viewing!

KLTQuilts 07-06-2015 10:49 AM

Jaba - great looking quilt! Yep, a Blue Ribbon for sure :thumbup: