Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-mug-rug-swap-summer-time-fun-makers-choice-t266690.html)

KLTQuilts 07-07-2015 05:19 AM

I like the idea of a choice . . . sometimes my "imagination" isn't working up to par - just need a nudge! :D

sewbizgirl 07-07-2015 05:58 AM

I don't see any other swaps offering two themes. It's kind of strange...

How about offering the choices of following the theme or "not". That's two choices... make up your own if you don't like the theme. We are all capable of that.

suern3 07-07-2015 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My package from jaba arrived yesterday afternoon. She was speedy! I was lucky enough to receive two matching mug rugs featuring pretty floral fabrics. She said they represent all the flowers of summer that she enjoys and so do I, so they are perfect. Her skills are also outstanding, can't wait to hear how her quilts do at the fair! Thanks so much, jaba.

rwquilts 07-07-2015 09:40 AM

Pretty fabrics Jaba!

ljdugas...we're sending just about the same time...it will be fun to see what we each did for the other. Happy Tuesday everyone!

ctyankee 07-07-2015 10:28 AM

suern3 -- lovely mug rugs from jaba!

sewbizgirl -- I agree. I have no problem with someone veering off the chosen theme, as long as her partner is in agreement -- that's where communication comes into play! :)

sewbizgirl 07-07-2015 10:48 AM

Pretty mug rugs, Jaba!

suern3 07-07-2015 02:04 PM

I guess I don't have a real preference as to one theme or two themes. Do whatever works for you ladies who organize all this.

dfelker 07-07-2015 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524575[/ATTACH]
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmm BACK! And boy am I ever dragging. Spent the holiday weekend at my brother's. It was my niece's 25th birthday and I hosted and taught her canvas painting party Friday night. Such fun. Saturday hubby and I cleaned out our 1972 Intrepid Camper so we could see what was salvageable. All of the foam cushions (no covers) were there, BONUS! Now to make covers....SCARY!! Sunday we were back at the camper coating the roof and putting silicone here there and everywhere. Took a break to eat lunch and somehow were recruited to help paint the outside of my niece's house. UGHHHH this girl DOESN'T DO THE HEAT (100+degrees)and then add flies and no breeze, I was stick a fork in me D O N E! Hubby and I thought we were going to get to head back to Omaha then...NOPE! The gang wanted Auntie D to grill chicken and burgers sooooo what was I to do? You guessed it... GRILL Chicken and Burgers.
It was a fun filled weekend BUT I gotta tell ya.......It is good to be home!!!

Jaba...GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS!

So excited to swap with my friend JuneBillie this month!

Ctyankee...I like having a choice because sometimes I need a little help in brain/creative department.

lynnie 07-07-2015 03:20 PM

Jaba, very nice mugrugs!
Dorothy, sounds like an exhausting weekend and full of fun too!

jaba 07-07-2015 03:47 PM

Guess I would rather have 1 theme, just because I like to have it done and be able to send. If it was the maker's choice either/or that would be fine too. Sometimes it takes a long time to have your partner answer you as to which they would rather have and to be honest I get a little "antsy". I don't procrastinate well, guess I was taught the old saying of "don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today" or something like that...You just never know what your tomorrow is going to bring your way.