Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-mug-rug-swap-summer-time-fun-makers-choice-t266690.html)

terriamn 06-26-2015 12:43 PM

Good luck Lynnie

i just finished sewing down the binding on mine. Going to have to hide it, my friends are begging that they want it or one just like it and they can beg so well.

ctyankee 06-26-2015 01:12 PM

sewbizgirl -- do I detect a bit of Borg? LOL Are you a trekkie like me???

sewbizgirl 06-26-2015 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee (Post 7239383)
sewbizgirl -- do I detect a bit of Borg? LOL Are you a trekkie like me???

Only up to a point. I think I stopped watching after The Next Generation. But that saying (resistance is futile) has been in sci-fi for a loooonng time. It's one of my family's little sayings we quote. We quote movies to each other all the time.

sewbizgirl 06-26-2015 01:58 PM

So I was rocking along, thinking I'd sit this month out for a change and do some other things... when I get this cute idea and the next thing you know I've got a mug rug made. This is the first one I've ever made that I actually want to keep! But it's all ready to go. All I need is a partner....

Summer Fun!

Elisabrat 06-27-2015 04:15 AM

ok that little trailer has big potential :) I get this vintage trailers pictures in facebook for some reason. I don't own a trailer but it sure is fun to see the vintage items that are shown and how adorable they are set up. they go the hole nine yards when it comes to "all out" 50's items. omg. so cute. :) and you cant help but think of summer time with this things.

Sign up today for the next mug rug swap! send your information to ctyankee : name, address and phone number and you will be all set up for next months swap. SWAP SIGN UPS END JULY 1st. NAMES GO out JULY 1st so get in while you can! its going to be an artistic venture for all.

rwquilts 06-27-2015 08:46 AM

Well, this is a first for me! I have two mug rugs already stitched and ready to go! I may do another one in a different color just to make sure I am covering my bases and giving my partner something she will enjoy! :) Or I may wait til I get her name and then find out what colors she enjoys and make another one...or two...ha ha ha!

Brat...shame, shame...have you been looking in my sewing studio????? :)

JuneBillie 06-27-2015 12:26 PM

This is a first for me, but at the last minute I decided to join in on July's Mug Rug Swap. I could use some mug rugs, so I hope what I make will work for the partner I get. :) I have sent in my info if it's not too late.

ctyankee 06-27-2015 01:00 PM

It's definitely not too late. We now have 30 people signed up. Anyone else want to join? This is always a fun swap, but I think Summertime Fun is going to be particularly exciting! i can't wait! :)

Whigrose 06-28-2015 01:49 PM

Hi all,
A new high for me- my July mug rug is done with the exception of the binding. Waiting to hear my partner's favorite color. And to think I almost didn't play this month.

I have another mug rug pattern I saw today that I'm going to try, just for the pure fun of it. Maybe if the first one doesn't fit my partner's taste, the second one will ;)

Best,
deb in Maine

KLTQuilts 06-28-2015 03:01 PM

Oh my, we girls are just "biting at the bit" to GO :o I just love the excitement!!!

Dorothy - love the camper; you guys are really going to enjoy yourselves!! Yep, I would say Dorothy needs a camper mug rug this go around :shock: