Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-october-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t267058.html)

JNCT14 10-12-2015 05:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished this one for a friend as a housewarming gift. I have enough blocks to do another one in blue for our next swap (or maybe I should give it to ube since she hasn't start hers? LOL).

I also just ordered an RJR kit from Craftsy. I never order kits - the yardage is way too expensive - but this was on sale for $32 plus shipping so the price/yard wasn't terrible. I am probably going to add extra borders to make it a little larger - its 51" x 71" in the kit.

JNCT14 10-12-2015 08:47 AM

Hey jaba or Kassaundra - what the heck is a Boom swap? I always wanted to know but was too afraid to ask.....

Kassaundra 10-12-2015 09:28 AM

Boom swaps are "the bomb"!!!! lol Each quilter pics fabric they want to use. Cut one F8 for each swapper. Send your F8's along w/ basic instructions (preferred colors, don't use colors, etc..) to the moderator she sends each swapper one of each of the F8's. Finish all blocks w/ all the different types of fabrics however you are inspired (w/I the wishes of the F8 owner) send back to the mod. she sorts so everyone gets the blocks made w/ their own F8 and sends them back. A little extra on postage ($6.10 x 4 mailings over several months) but so much fun. Go onto the latest boom swap thread the first post, at the end of her post is a link to a pic gallery where you can see the fabrics and what each quilter did w/ it.

JNCT14 10-12-2015 04:26 PM

I saw some of jaba's pics - really pretty. How many blocks do you end up with?

jaba 10-12-2015 06:04 PM

Depends on the group size, max is 18 I think. Most of the time 12 - 14. Not always can you use all of the blocks, but what I enjoy is making them for others and getting back friendship blocks from women that I don't know from all over the USA. Another fun thing actually for me, because I have done them since I joined the board, is to receive 1 from someone who just started quilting and then see the improvement she has made. Just kind of a quirk I guess :) and being retired....it keeps me busy!! Shutter to think about the blocks I probably made when I first started.....

MarionsQuilts 10-15-2015 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone's projects are awesome ... UBE ... you haven't started yet? OMG ... that's a first!!!! I can't wait to see what you are able to whip up in under 3 weeks!

Here's mine that is going to someone:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533467[/ATTACH]

JNCT14 10-16-2015 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow Marion, that's so pretty! I got my RJR kit yesterday - scrumptious colors.

Kassaundra 10-16-2015 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7346268)
Everyone's projects are awesome ... UBE ... you haven't started yet? OMG ... that's a first!!!! I can't wait to see what you are able to whip up in under 3 weeks!

Here's mine that is going to someone:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533467[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

Kassaundra 10-16-2015 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 7346681)
Wow Marion, that's so pretty! I got my RJR kit yesterday - scrumptious colors.

What gorgeous fabric!!!

Annaquilts 10-16-2015 09:25 AM

Some very pretty wall hangings ladies! I am still at putting on the binding. I did find a tutorial.