Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-pal-swap-closes-june-30th-noon-cst-t192544.html)

Nexxus831 07-07-2012 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 5347000)
Off topic but I had to show you my Doll Quilt I got from oldcatlady from the May Doll Quilt swap. The theme was quilty chaos - crazy quilts. oldcatlady spent alot of time making this and I love it! The doll quilt swap is alot of fun as it doesn't take long to make and uses up scraps! Here is my quilt,

I at one time thought about doing crazy quilting so I have a whole tote full of different fabrics, beads, laces, buttons, cigg papers and such....I admire your project and if this is your first try your amazing and a natural at it

Anastasia 07-07-2012 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5335944)
Good morning ladies, I am enjoying the "cooler" weather here in Oregon! It is a beautiful day to go shopping~ well I haven't met a day yet that wan't a perfect shopping day!

OK I have a question for everyone (well my secret pal, but figured I would ask everyone so I don't give the secret away)

Do you have a favorite sports team? My husband is making some really cool scarves out of sports fabric, figured it might be a fun thing to include...

If it's me.. GO COWBOYSSSSSS~!!!

Anastasia 07-07-2012 09:03 PM

My package is out. My pal is from a state that is where the main character of a classic movie is from. She likes some of the same things my sister loved, and we enjoy the same colors. And apparently her critters don't count as dogs ;)

Anastasia 07-07-2012 09:06 PM

I love that doll quilt.. I also am one of the apparent many that are in love with buttons and played with them as a kid. Needed buttons for something recently, didn't have them, bought some a size too large. I guess it's the start of my new collection. I want more buttons *pout*

starshine 07-07-2012 09:06 PM

Been trying to catch up but still have several pages to go and so will have to finish tomorrow. So far I have eliminated my self from any zip not = to 11, I have no grandkids, and luckily I am to far to have someone in Maine stone me. For my pal, I did pick up something for your package on Friday and you live in a state that I once received a sp package from, don't recall if I sent one to your state before or not.
BTW can some of you in Canada get some huge fans and take them outside and face them south and turn them on? I'm thinking it will help push some cool air down here.

quiltnut4ever 07-08-2012 06:36 AM

Hello all! Glad to have my internet back and life is starting to get together for me. Quilty-Louise I hear ya on the back issue. My pain is gone however I now have a pain in my left shoulder blade to my neck, don't know how that happened! Lori, beautiful doll quilt. I wanted to do crazy quilting at one time but again other projects got in the way.Beautiful package you got Ireland, I bet that banana bread was yummy! Ok will send my SP her package tomorrow. unable to make anything since I'm going to work in my sewing room today putting it together from the move! She doesn't post much here so I hope she enjoys what I put together! Happy Sunday and continue to keep hydrated please!

Lori Peercy 07-08-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5347365)
I at one time thought about doing crazy quilting so I have a whole tote full of different fabrics, beads, laces, buttons, cigg papers and such....I admire your project and if this is your first try your amazing and a natural at it

I didn't make it but I was the lucky one to GET IT in the doll quilt swap!! oldcatlady made it and it is so so beautiful I am going to frame it!

SharonAnne 07-08-2012 08:26 AM

Wow, I've missed a lot in a couple of days. So, here goes - prepare for eyestrain from reading it all.

1. Quiltnut4ever - hope you are feeling a little better by now. So sorry you were laid up on the holiday.
2. Marytoddliz - you've created a monster - lol. BTW - Raiders.
3. Havplenty - I absolutely L-O-V-E the Nike Stilettos!!! And you really have a way with words. Your post #252 had me in "stitches" (pun intended).
4. Luvstoquilt - We have more than our name in common - Sharon Ann(e), but I can't tell in public. I am still debating as to whether to tell you via a PM.

And to everyone who collects buttons - so do I. I just bought 4 Czech glass pink buttons with gold irridescent cat faces on them. Just gorgeous. I am hoping to make drop earrings with them. With unusual shank buttons I make my "Buttonmajigs" which some of you have received in the swaps. I really have fun doing them. BUT, I have never made wall hangings - my imagination is not that good, but they are really lovely. It seems as if we played with gram's button collections as children, we are addicted, huh? lol.

SharonAnne 07-08-2012 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This post is about something dear to my heart. I have sponsored a little girl in Lesotho, Africa for a few years now. Lesotho is a tiny country completely sourrounded inside the borders of South Africa. One day recently while researching South Africa and quilting, I ran across a wonderful website about a woman who started an embroidery group in South Africa and taught women how to make embroidered quilt panels. They actually DO carry water in jugs on their heads. They have no electricity, well, basically nothing. So they make these panels depicting African Folk tales. The workmanship is phenomenal. There is a brief story about the embroiderer and the story the panel depicts. The photo I am attaching is one of the panels showing the type of hut my little girl, Selloane, lives in. If you look at the website, there are many different panels and several different folk tales told. It is a colorful website and the ladies all wear smiles despite not having an easy life. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. It's very interesting to see how other cultures function - it seems sewing is another universal language... www.tambani.co.za.

Havplenty 07-08-2012 09:26 AM

sharon what are the shipping charges to buy a panel and how is it to deal with their website purchases since they are converting the money to rands? rands are not a global monetary system so i always have a little healthy skepticism when dealing with individual country monetary systems.

i know my professional group has a great relationship with south african accounting professionals and visit there every year and a group of south africans come to our conventions every year.

and sharon i will not outright confess to creating such a shoe heel predilection in my daughter. i really think she came into this life predisposed with that set of heel evaluation values.:D:D:D