Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-pal-swap-closes-june-30th-noon-cst-t192544.html)

Juli 07-11-2012 04:12 AM

My sister, Jennifer also lives in Washington.

QUOTE=marytoddliz;5351311]Juli, I am in your State right now! I love it here, I want to move here sooooooo bad~ We are here for an extended working vacation, trying to convince dear hubby that this place is perfect! Well most of my family lives here so that is part of my reasoning, and My Daughter lives in Washington, that is the main reason, only about 3 1/2 hours away.
I mailed my package today.

I have only one Secret pal, but I am mailing out a lot of packages this month, they are going to New York, Arizona, New Hampshire, Texas, California, Ohio, and Washington State... one of them is going to my SP...[/QUOTE]

TOOMANYUFO'S 07-11-2012 04:26 AM

Todays clue. Your zip adds up to 19 and you have a dog. SP I am not putting your pkg together yet. I got a few things, but really got to get going on this. I'll work hard, I think deadline is the 14th.

mdall 07-11-2012 06:45 AM

Okay, now that all the chaos and damage from the storm has gotten under control time to get back to normal. Well, that is if there is such a thing as normal. Most would say for me that normal is just a dream.LOL I due feel some what out of balance since this has happened so maybe normal isnt the right word. I got my pals name and was extremely excited. The only problem is I'm most likely not going to be able to get handmade items that she wants done before the 14th mailing deadline, what a bummer. I will certainly give it a try though. So here are the clues. My pal is very active on the board, she is considered by most to be completely nutty, and she has been quilting longer than I have been alive. Hope that wasnt to much info and gives it away. Anyway, secret pal I hope you like the package I have planned for you and if I dont get the handmade stuff done please forgive me and blame mother nature. BTW, who put her in such a bad mood lately?LOL

mscupid804 07-11-2012 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 5355947)
Okay, now that all the chaos and damage from the storm has gotten under control time to get back to normal. Well, that is if there is such a thing as normal. Most would say for me that normal is just a dream.LOL I due feel some what out of balance since this has happened so maybe normal isnt the right word. I got my pals name and was extremely excited. The only problem is I'm most likely not going to be able to get handmade items that she wants done before the 14th mailing deadline, what a bummer. I will certainly give it a try though. So here are the clues. My pal is very active on the board, she is considered by most to be completely nutty, and she has been quilting longer than I have been alive. Hope that wasnt to much info and gives it away. Anyway, secret pal I hope you like the package I have planned for you and if I dont get the handmade stuff done please forgive me and blame mother nature. BTW, who put her in such a bad mood lately?LOL

Lordy, this sounds exactly like Krystyna!!!!

brenda21 07-11-2012 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5355981)

i was thinking the same thing....:p

mdall 07-11-2012 07:08 AM

One never knows till the packaes are delivered but I sure plan on having fun with this one. I just wish I knew my partner better so I would know more about her personality.

buslady 07-11-2012 07:25 AM

Me too!! I went on a shopping spree today! It was a blast! Tried to fill my sp box, still have to finish a couple of handmade items to add. We are taking off for the north country on Thursday after work, so I will prob mail mine from up there on Friday. I'm gonna try to get home early tonight, my friend is running for twp treasurer and there is a parade in town on Saturday so I've been spending lots of my spare time making campaign tools for her. Posters, flyers, etc and decorating her golf cart for the parade. Well, my hint is that my SP doesn't post a LOT, but she does post, and she is south of me in a place I have never been, so cultivating a friendship could be very good for me. LOL
Also, as I believe I stated earlier, there is something very interesting about this swap that I will have to wait to share aftr she gets her pkg, or it would surely give the suprise away. Lol.

Quilty-Louise 07-11-2012 08:14 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

Only thing I KNOW for sure is that it can't be me LOL because I
have only been quilting since Oct 2006.

fayzer 07-11-2012 08:15 AM

Isn't it aggravating when you order something your SP wants on July 1 & on July 11th, the order has still not arrived. I hate that!!! My pkg is ready to go except for that one thing. Hang on SP. I may have to wait until the 14th to mail your package. Hint for the day.......My pal is working on a commissioned quilt.:):)

Havplenty 07-11-2012 08:42 AM

off topic alert: for those of you who love chickens, i saw a great documentary about chickens the other day. there are a coupla chicken stories that will make you go ...aaaahh and there is one that is just so heartwarmingly cute and will have you chuckling up a storm.

here is a clip to watch.

the video is on netflix or you can purchase it at pbs.org or on amazon. it is enjoyable to watch. oh and the entire video is on youtube.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Natural-Histo...ybQyQ~~_35.JPG