Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-signup-closes-june-1st-t247379.html)

lauriejo 06-03-2014 02:53 PM

Doncha love Ohio! We have it all! Ice storms, potholes, floods, humidity, bugs . . . ummm did I forget anything?

klaws 06-03-2014 03:10 PM

Your humidity doesn't even compare to the humidity here in Florida. I'll take your temps with humidity any day.

Ladybug 1938 06-03-2014 03:38 PM

lauriejo didn't put my name in the last list but I did get into the swap this month for a pincushion...Did it on an impulse and have no idea what to do>>>LOL I did get my name and my person likes flowers so that would be easy enough... We will see what I can come up with... have a few things sitting out on my cutting table... Wonder if she likes butterflies???

JuneBillie 06-03-2014 04:32 PM

My idea of summer is flip flops, flip flops, and more flip flops. lol..Actually I have more pairs than that. Also though, flowers, trees with their full green leaves, sunny, hot temps, cold drinks, butterflies, humming birds, swimming pools, lightning bugs(fire flies), picnics, fresh garden vegetables, and watermelon. Had my first slice of watermelon today. It was so good.

Welcome Ladybug, and your are on our list now.

I actually did some cutting around a bush of mine today. Trying to keep the weeds down. Now when I can get the rest of them, I will be doing good.

lynnie 06-03-2014 04:44 PM

Thanks mary
welcome ladybug
summer here at Blueridge is the outdoor pool opening and bocci. i can't play bocci this yr. coz of my back. and all the new people in the community come out to the pool.
My son had my car today so i'm mailing tomorrow.
MO SKEE TOES is summer here on the island.the icecream truck too!
got 1 1/2 rows on my hex quilt done today.

kele 06-03-2014 11:20 PM

Summer in western Washington is gorgeous. The rain stops! Having nice weather here earlier than usual this year. We don't get too many really hot days, which makes spending time outside so nice. My hubby loves to grill - less cooking for me! Flowers, the beach, 4th of July, hiking, being lazy in the hammock, the smell of fresh cut grass coming in an open window. So much to love about summer.

lynnie 06-04-2014 09:54 AM

Hello everyone, wow Kele, you're up late, just like me!!! slept o.k. last night had the window open and the cool breeze coming in. the lady next to us has night blooming jasmine, can't wait for that to bloom. gives you pleasant dreams.
Maile out my pc today. no candy, too hot for chocolate, gotta wait till sept. it should arrive on Saturday. but then you know the po. they always lie to me on the del date. I will say it's again, going west of me. Keep in mind, i live on Long Island NY and most of you are west of me.lol. have a fun day everyone, enjoy the nice dry weather, lynnie

Oh. did i tel lyou Zoey is going to a dude ranch with Chowder. Shes' looking for pink and white cowboy booties and a pink cowboy hat. as soon as she finds them, they're leaving,

nhnative 06-04-2014 10:23 AM

You forgot hail and tornadoes. I'm surprised that today is cooler. I went to Tuesday Morning and found some cute gifty things there. They had fabric bundles but was a little cheesy. I don't have to babysit until Monday as my DS had a vacation day yesterday and his foot ran into the ottoman and he broke his toe. After he hung up I got up and pulled my back out. What's next. Tomorrow cooler still. Hopefully I can get some sewing done.

Lynnie you are going to have to get a camera so we can see what you are doing.

Take care everyone and have a great day

lawsonmugs 06-04-2014 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 6743510)
lauriejo didn't put my name in the last list but I did get into the swap this month for a pincushion...Did it on an impulse and have no idea what to do>>>LOL I did get my name and my person likes flowers so that would be easy enough... We will see what I can come up with... have a few things sitting out on my cutting table... Wonder if she likes butterflies???

Sis,you can make a lotus blossom pin cush. This month is yellow and summer,so flowers work well or butterflys. The other ladies also suggested a lot of themes. I went with sommer treats.

klaws 06-04-2014 10:57 AM

Lynnie, you can always included m&m's with your pc. That's chocolate and they won't melt. :thumbup: