Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-signup-closes-june-1st-t247379.html)

nhnative 07-10-2014 01:51 PM

Nice collection of buttons. It sounds like a lot of us collect them. I know I have some of the old buttons that they used to use on the old lace up shoes. I did use some of them for bears eyes.

It was a nice day here so I had to babysit and we did a lot of yard sales. I didn't get much. It seems what I want they don't have. I didn't even buy any books today. I did get a road atlas for $.25 as mine got ruined in the flood and I really needed one. More yard sales tomorrow.
I hope everyone had a great day and I can't wait to see the pincushions/needlecases.

lynnie 07-10-2014 01:53 PM

I wish we had yard sales on thursday. Most of our are on Sat or Sun.
some of the really serious people have them on Friday, but very few.
Over here. most have junk too. nothing good. not even buttons

Ladybug 1938 07-10-2014 04:43 PM

Has anyone decided on September yet or August????

lawsonmugs 07-10-2014 04:47 PM

Susan pretty buttons. Lynnie I hope your partner will post a picture of what she sent you.I'll go for the purple for sept too. I'm game for about anything.lol

lynnie 07-10-2014 06:37 PM

I know next month August is chickies. any type, any color. Just not real ones!!!
We can do them up in any color or size i imagine.

September is still up in the air. from what i've gathered so far, it's "purple" so I
imagine you need to use your thinking cap and wild imagination to do somehthing
great with the color purple, unless someone changes it. so far, everyone seems to be in on it.

Mary, NanaKathy said she'd post a pic on Fri when she gets back. That should be tomorrow unless she gets home to late. Then we have to wait till Saturday.

Does anyone know when we'll have final call? It's been on the 25th of the month.

JuneBillie 07-10-2014 07:20 PM

I wish we knew how Laurie is.

Ladybug 1938 07-11-2014 05:11 AM

I don't do chickens, WHAAAAA LOL, how does one make a chicken??? I have so much on my plate right now, and seems I can't get anything all finished... The gal is coming for her purse this noon on her lunch hour, sure hope she likes it... Well need to get my jelly jars in the dishwasher and rhubarb out of the freezer, to get the jam going for tomorrow... hugs

PeginCO 07-11-2014 05:59 AM

Ladybug, You could always just use chicken fabric...there's some really cute stuff out there right now - chickens, baby chicks, roosters, chicken wire, etc. at least at my LQS. That would be ideal for a needle book maybe or a more generic pin cushion.

Or there are tutorials online for the triangular chicken that look quick and easy. Think simple - sometimes that makes for the cutest ones anyway!

Are you making rhubarb jam or with something else? Pm me with your recipe - I have lots of rhubarb in the freezer that I MUST do something with.

NanaKathy55 07-11-2014 08:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Ladies
These are the pictures of the goodies that Lynnie sent to me..Thanks again Lynnie..Love them!

NanaKathy55 07-11-2014 08:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
And these are the pictures of the pin cushion I sent to Lynnie