Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-signup-closes-june-1st-t247379.html)

Ladybug 1938 07-11-2014 04:42 PM

Lynnie thanks for the dishcloth , just love it, to pretty to use for the dishes, using it for a doily under one of my angels... I have no chicken fabric, suppose I could buy some, we'll see.

lynnie 07-11-2014 06:06 PM

Ladybug, thanks for the + feedback. I used to have alot, but they somehow disappeared one day.

lawsonmugs 07-11-2014 06:08 PM

Wow what great swaps. Looks like we all got our swaps out quickly so far. I love all the pretty pins and pin cushions. Even though I make the pins I always like to receive them from others.Glad you liked your package Pat (nhnative).Your sure welcome. Hugs Mary

lynnie 07-11-2014 06:18 PM

wow!! the PO was busy. good, they earned their pay this week. such very nice goodies coming in.
Susan, put your eyes back in your head, i ate all the candy b4 I sat down to write the thank you!!!!!
didn't even make it to the table. down the hatch and Oh...so yummy!!!!! Mine, all mine!!!
now i wish i wasn't such a glutton, and saved some, coz i want it now. I LOVE woppers. I eat
them at the movie. And who could turn down a white truffle???Not me.

such pretties coming in. I want them all.
I just ordered a pattern from etsy last night. some great ideas for PC's. so watch out. you
might be next on my list.!
Everyone here just keeps outdoing ourselves on this swap. the Pc's and Nc's are getting nicer and nicer every month.
we could do a book. "The Needlecases and Pincushions of Quilting Board Members".
Let's keep up the great work. Such beautiful pieces everyone.

klaws 07-11-2014 06:20 PM

Everyone should join in the Halloween block swap. RedGarnet222 is the host. I am having so much fun creating Halloween blocks to swap. Signups close on August 30 and deadline to send the blocks to RedGarnet is Sept. 15 so there is plenty of time. Check out the swap and see what blocks some people have made already.

JuneBillie 07-11-2014 07:24 PM

Lynnie everyone here could be known as 'The pincushion/needle book Queens' :)

PeginCO 07-11-2014 07:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The mail carrier was also good to us (Claire and me) today! I got my secret pal swap package (amazing, you'll have to read about it there) and Claire got her wonderful needle case plus so many awesome extras from lawsonmugs!! Here's the story (because it's fun to tell, even though I already told Mary):

Claire (who checks the mail dally with high hopes) knew she was going to spending the night with her aunt tonight, so she made me take her to the mailbox thinking, just maybe... And there it was! A package for her! She waited until we got home to open it, and then honestly, she squealed when she saw that Mary had made her a little lady bug zipper bag! (I admit, I squealed too!) She couldn't believe what a cute patriotic needle book she received also! Her other comments were:
"Make sure you tell her I read all the time and I've always wanted a bookmark like that" (first I'd heard, ha, ha)!
"And tell her I desperately needed white thread" (imagine a 10yo desperate for thread!).
"Oh, and those are my favorite favors of lifesavers, and my mom promised me some butter rum lifesavers for babysitting my little sister, but then she never got it for me" (oops - thanks).
So, you see, she was very happy. Thank you, Mary!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482653[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482654[/ATTACH]

PeginCO 07-11-2014 07:49 PM

Oh, one funny thing: when she saw the needle book said "sewn with love by Betsy" she was perplexed. "I thought her name was Mary!" Ha, ha!

lynnie 07-11-2014 09:40 PM

what a cute story and needlecase and accompanying accessories. Mary, you had the perfect fabric for this swap for sure!

Any word on a positive commitment on Sept? Peg suggested purple, is it a go?

klaws 07-12-2014 03:40 AM

I think purple for September should definitely be a go. I have a lot of purple fabric!
Peg, I am so pleased that we got Claire involved in our swaps. It sounds like she is having a lot of fun. Thanks for the story. I love to hear about her reactions.