Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-signup-closes-june-1st-t247379.html)

PeginCO 07-11-2014 08:35 AM

Oh my! Those are so adorable! NanaKathy, did you purchase a pattern for that? I thought I saw one at my LQS.

lynnie 07-11-2014 09:00 AM

That's the nice pc i got, minus the chocolate, it disappeared in no time at all.

As far as the chicken pc, why not do like i did for the rw&b pc swap and do as
Peg said. i had some cute chickies i put into my funky chicken quilt. When i have no idea
at all what i'm going to do, and i have some nice fabric i don't want to cut into, i do the three pillows
and tie it up nicely. this way i'm not chopping into the pretty fab, and it comes out nice.
Or...at least i think so. it's a tuffet pc.
I love my hat and i love that little chickie too!

nhnative 07-11-2014 10:11 AM

July Swap

1 Attachment(s)
It looks the the mailman was busy today. What great pincushions and goodies. I came home from yard sales and this was waiting for me. I just love the cathedral pincushion and it has cowboy boots on it. Great goodies with the candy and the beaded pins and the Clover binding holders, and the heart bookmark. Also the really nice card. Everything was really nice.

klaws 07-11-2014 10:49 AM

Pat, who sent those to you?

nhnative 07-11-2014 11:36 AM

It was from Mary

JuneBillie 07-11-2014 12:08 PM

Wow, you girls got some real nice goodies today.

NanaKathy55 those pincushions are so pretty. I like the way lynnie arranged them and with the pretty bow. Such pretty and colorful pins too. You also got one of those pretty washcloths. The pin she made or magnet is so pretty too with all the little beads hanging down. It looks like you got a piece of fabric too. Great package.

Lynnie I love the Top Hat you got from NanaKathy55. That is so cute. That will go good in your collection. Those are pretty pins, and a little sweet chickie too. All that yummy candy too. Great package.

Nhnative I love your package too. That is a very pretty Cathedral pincushion. I see the boots too. Such pretty cards, and the heart bookmark, and candy. I like those binder clips there too. I love them in red like that. Such pretty pins in your pincushion too. Well, another great package.

Such fun seeing what you girls did for the 4th on these pretty things.

klaws 07-11-2014 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The mailmen were certainly busy today. I got my package from Kele and just love everything. The pc she sent me weighs a ton. I'm not sure what she stuffed it with. I'm guessing crushed walnut shells or something. I know it isn't poly filled. It measures 4" square and 2" high. I just love it!! She also included some pins, a notepad and a nice card. I wasn't able to get to the post office until today to mail her package. If the PO is right, she should get it by Monday (I hope).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482548[/ATTACH]

NanaKathy55 07-11-2014 01:03 PM

I made the pattern up and forgot to draw it out so I don't think I will be able to ever do it again..I should have made 2 and kept one for myself..

Originally Posted by PeginCO (Post 6796038)
Oh my! Those are so adorable! NanaKathy, did you purchase a pattern for that? I thought I saw one at my LQS.

NanaKathy55 07-11-2014 01:05 PM

Love all the pictures..it looks like we all like to make the decorative pins..
Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

JuneBillie 07-11-2014 04:17 PM

Karen your pincushion from Kele is so pretty. It does look like a perfect size, and the other goodies are very nice. That is a pretty note pad, card, and more pins. All of them are so pretty and patriotic.