Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-9-patch-block-swap-signups-t296930.html)

givio 06-01-2018 07:08 AM

SBG, Stop and go traffic for nearly three hours! And claustrophobic! Well, it's behind you now, and I hope you have a good visit with your family. I hope the next leg of your journey is better.

terriamn 06-01-2018 07:22 AM

Maude your quilt is looking great. How are you going to quilt it.

Sewbiz so glad you didn’t freak out and that all the drivers were courteous. Thankfully more people wern’t Injured.

one time I was on the highway heading to my sisters when highway patrol closed the road. Had no idea what to do, this was before GPS etc. Exited and asked HP if there was a marked detour, he replied no. I asked if he could direct me where I could connect with the highway further up. He said well obviously Mam you aren’T from around here. Duh. Very nerve wracking trying to remember his instructions without detour signs for the 50 mike detour in rural Minnesota.

Givio no I wasn’t able to finish the last block yesterday. Had appointment at hospital for tests and was pretty drowsy the rest of the day.

Whigrose 06-01-2018 07:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My thoughts go out to all involved in the horrendous accident. We never know what the next minute holds for us...

On a lighter note, the sewing, pressing and sorting of all my 100 blocks is done. Now to square them up-but my ruler is at camp. So those get put on the back burner now until Tuesday. So good to have them done.

d~

Cheesehead 06-01-2018 07:43 AM

Beautiful bright colors in your fabrics Whigrose! The fabric in the second picture is what I am sending for my Boom fabric.

D.Henson 06-01-2018 09:13 AM

Maude - Your quilt looks great. Solids are cool.

SBG - I totally understand about the traffic!!! I hate driving through LA anymore. Both my sisters live in Southern CA and I'm at the point that I don't like to drive through the traffic. Holidays are the worse. It took me over 7 hrs on a trip that should have taken 3 1/2. Glad you made is safe, and praying for those involved in that horrible accident.

Whigrose: Love, love, love your 9Ps. The brightness and color is fantastic. Hope I get to play with a few of your blocks.

sewbizgirl 06-01-2018 09:24 AM

Beautiful bright blocks, Whigrose! :thumbup:

sunrise450 06-01-2018 09:31 AM

Billi your quilt top is great!

sunrise450 06-01-2018 09:34 AM

I have pictures, just can't print them. I am going to try one more time, if I still can't print them then goodbye cause I am going to quit trying for the day. I will be piecing 9-patches.

terriamn 06-01-2018 11:55 AM

Whigrose love your bright colors. Usually my blocks are to bright so I toned them down a bit. Wish I hadn’t looking at your great stack

Whigrose 06-01-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8068859)
Whigrose love your bright colors. Usually my blocks are to bright so I toned them down a bit. Wish I hadn’t looking at your great stack

terriamn, that's what I love about scrappy-it always works. Go with your heart-this swap was for color and that's what caught my attention. Happy, happy.