Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-pincushion-needlecase-swap-signup-ends-may-31-a-t265619.html)

lynnie 06-10-2015 08:02 AM

no pictures yet?!?!?WHAAAA!!! I need to see some photos. I need some inspiration. can't wait to see what starts to come in.

nhnative 06-10-2015 09:39 AM

Karen I didn't notice until you just said something. I think it was the pics of one person that isn't even anyone on our swaps. I don't think we ever had a problem on this swap

Patchesnposies 06-10-2015 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 7222445)
If you feel so inclined to add extras to a package I say fine, and I would hope that no one would take it as a need to compete... I have things here at home I hope someone can use and if not pass them on... I only buy what I need for the swap and maybe a goodie, the rest is from my goodie drawer....Thank the person in a private message for the extras and decide for yourself whether to include them in a picture.

Rosemary, this is exactly how I feel. I have so much accumulated sewing, quilting, crafting stuff, (not to mention linens, doilies, vintage doo dads) that passing some of it on to someone who might be able to use it or give it to someone else feels right to me. I'd never want to make someone not want to participate in a swap, though.

I appreciate the words of wisdom from you. Thanks for bringing this whole swap thing back into focus. :hug:

Patchesnposies 06-10-2015 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 7222474)
We've never had a problem here about extras. There is too much DRAMA on the mug rug swap. I won't be joining in again. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Also, I noticed that all reference to no pictures have been deleted from this thread. So I am assuming that we can post pictures. Yippee!!!

Thanks Karen, for letting us know. I think as long as we are sensible we can still share. That makes me SO happy!

ctyankee 06-10-2015 01:18 PM

Rosemary -- what a beautiful quilt! How long did that take you to do?

I mailed a package to my swap partner after work today. She will receive it on Friday, 6/12. Yippee!

Please don't give up on the mug rug swap just because of a little nonsense going on, although I feel a headache coming on thinking about it. I'm hoping things won't change, but it's not my call. Just saying.

ctyankee 06-10-2015 03:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
And look what I got from ljdugas31 today! This package is amazing! Thank you, ljdugas31, for a wonderful, beautiful swap package!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522009[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522010[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522012[/ATTACH]

Linda made me the most beautiful shabby chic pincushion complete with lovely pins & a scissors charm, a pincushion that is most adorable, a journal, a prima doll tag, FQs -- most everything in blues & greens. Her handwork is exquisite! I feel very privileged to be on the receiving end of this most wonderful swap package! Thank you doesn't quite say it all, but I love everything! Thank you! :)

lynnie 06-10-2015 03:26 PM

what beautiful pieces of art you got. inda sure knows how to work her whites. so pretty and useful too. Great swap package. I love it all. the little girl tag, and the fancy pins, to the needlecase and pincushion, all so lovely and lovingly made.!

Patchesnposies 06-10-2015 03:34 PM

Your swap is so Victorian! I absolutely love it, ALL!

ljdugas31 06-10-2015 03:55 PM

So glad you liked everything. I love making shabby chic .when you said you would like something like that,i was in heaven .Couldn't wait to get it done.Thank you ladies for your kind words.Everyone here is so talented and make beautiful swaps!!!

klaws 06-10-2015 04:46 PM

Linda, your work is beautiful...just beautiful!!!