Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-may-30th-noon-t189781.html)

stitchingpost 06-20-2012 03:56 PM

Thank you miss k and miss ladybug, yeah I got pretty bang up this not good for a 57 y old woman,god made me relize that iam not a spring chic lol,don't know when I will get to go home,hopin soon,can't stand bein here,and I havnt had a cigg since sat,so iam on edge,lol,I have so much to do,I got in the ispy swap ,I want in on the july sp,,guess my son will take care of horses,and my river camp,,hey miss k ,I guess I well be sittin on bank dippin olives in volka,fishing this summer don't think I will be gettin in my boat

Ladybug 1938 06-20-2012 04:04 PM

The one good thing that came out of this is you not having a cigg... Believe me I know... I have COPD and smoked for 30 years, quit 20 years ago cold turkey and never looked back, best thing I eve did at least I am alive and breathing...
YOu can do it... just a few more days and that urge will go away... GOD BLESS

stitchingpost 06-20-2012 04:07 PM

Wow crafty grammy nice pack,yep I see some buckeyrs,hummm,oh my purple fabric,and carmals,,and I love the dragonflys,my yard is full of them in the summer

stitchingpost 06-20-2012 04:17 PM

Thnk you ladybug,I know you are right,I have a feeling this fall is goin to stop me from a lot more stuff,too I have to relize I may not be able to do all this anymore,I live by myself,dh passed away a few years back and the kids are grown,and I guess I wasthinkin I could still do everything,I guess I always tried to stay busy so I didn't have to feel alone,

lawsonmugs 06-20-2012 04:26 PM

Stitchingpost, so sorry for your fall. I raise cattle and know it is easy to get hurt on the farm. get better soon and good luck with not smoking. cold turkey is the only way to go. I did and haven't looked back since jan. 1990. Look at the money you will have for sewing!!!lol. hugs Mary

TOOMANYUFO'S 06-20-2012 04:32 PM

Hoping for alot of zucchini as everyone went crazy over the zucchini marmalade last year/[/QUOTE]

Zucchini marmalade? Could you share the recipe? Sounds interesting.

Vicki W 06-20-2012 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost (Post 5304014)
Well,ladies,the doc gave me some bad news,I won't be riding any horses for awhile,I got hurt sat,trying to break one of my new horses and got thrown off and my foot got hang up in stirup and I got tramp on,goy some stitching to the head ,and 2 crack ribbs and shattered some bones in my lift leg,around my knee,which is not good,in aloy of pain,but really want to be home,well have to go though a lot of pt,my son and dil came in,redoing my house,so ican get around,dil says my son put my sewin table next to my bed,how sweet,so. It looks like iam down for the summer

I am so glad you weren't hurt worst. I am praying for your quick recovery. Sounds like your raised a fine son...trying to keep you comfortable.

mmb195152 06-20-2012 05:15 PM

I am praying for all of you with sad hearts, or are sick. Still waiting for my mailman to bring me a squishy so I can join all of you who have "ooohed and aahed. Maybe tomorrow. Mary

stitchingpost 06-20-2012 05:23 PM

Thank you miss vicki,lord it looks like a fabric store in my house now lol,but thank you for the prayers,and yes I do have a fine son,he brought me his laptop,he said he was getin tied of watchin me doing all this on my phone,lol,and got me the new mccalls qbook my son knows me well,and some chocolate and a big mt dew ,so iam set for the night,

stitchingpost 06-20-2012 05:41 PM

thank you evering one with you warm ishes and prayers,and miss mar,y I prayer you get your goodies real soon