Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-may-30th-noon-t189781.html)

Anastasia 06-13-2012 12:23 PM

Yay, I don't think my SP posts much so I'm not really expecting to see it here, but I hope she likes what I got/made for her. I can't remember if I put my screenname on the package. I hope the chocolate stayed intact, or at least she likes chocolate enough to not let a little meltiness get in the way of eating it :) But it was delivered today!. Now just waiting for mine. So excited.

quiltnut4ever 06-13-2012 12:26 PM

Krystyna loved the way your grouped those colors! I love pink and caught some cute fabrics on your pic that I also have.
On another note, I too shop with coupons and sales, dollar stores and such for my SP. When I can get a chance I'll make a handsewn item. Normally when I order from nancysnotions.com I get a free needle and I have so far many of them that each of my SP pals receive one. One could never have too many sewing needles. BTW Quilty-Louise belated Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

SEGASAL 06-13-2012 12:37 PM

want to come and organize stash for me? I wish I had a stash like your K. WOW itis amazing!

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5286327)
I know this has been covered before, but yes, the $10 is out of pocket. Then most of us add stuff we make or that we've stockpiled. And a lot of us shop dollar stores and use coupons so the cost isn't over $10.

I've been really busy reorganizing my stash ... so far only got three shelves done ... they are two bolts deep.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341815[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341816[/ATTACH]

And here is part of the other side of my studio ... boxes of t shirts for embroidering on top and some finished veils below ... just a tiny piece ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341817[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 06-13-2012 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL (Post 5286686)
want to come and organize stash for me? I wish I had a stash like your K. WOW itis amazing!

I have a long, long way to go before it's all done. And then there is my lace stash ... another story all together.

marytoddliz 06-13-2012 01:07 PM

Wow, well thanks for all the answers, I kinda figured that must be what is happening. I am sorting through stuff now, we are having a HUGE yard sale this weekend and hope to get rid of a lot of stuff! I am getting rid of a lot of Icky Fabric I have 3 bins full so far!

Most of the fabric I should have never kept in the first place, but when your Stash is small... Well Now it is not so small and since my sewing room has taken over the storage room and is spilling into the basement and the bedroom, I figured what the heck time to purge! Make room for more Good Fabric and stuff!

I really can't believe how much stuff we have, just the two of us and 3 cats! My husband has pants he wore in HS and he is 60! time to get rid of those!

OK my break is over back to work, I am heading to mail box to see if I got anything from my secret pal yet!

Quilty-Louise 06-13-2012 01:46 PM

I really need to get back to working on my fabric room finish that
organizing in there, then start on the sewing room again.

We kept the "platform" bed that hubs and youngest daughter made
for her several yrs ago. There are 18 bins (58 qt size) on the platform
top, underneath the platform there is room to stack the bins 4 high x
6 stacks which is 24 bins, not counting all the smaller bins of fabrics
those are mostly fabric already planned for or part of a UFO.

Fabrics that I have that are coordinating are in plastic zip close bags
in the bottom 2 drawer of the dresser in the fabric room.

But I am a good ways off from being finished yet.

Ladybug 1938 06-13-2012 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5285781)
hmmmm. I wonder how you'll feel about sharing when you get your jam!!!:p

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm are you talking to ME Krystyna??? I share 1 bite for you and 4 bites for me...

sweetwaterquilter 06-13-2012 02:56 PM

Today I recieved the most wonderful package from SEGASAL, Susan. I thought it was Christmas. It was a box absolutely full, and I do mean full, of Christmas fabrics. Lots of fat quarters and some larger pieces. Some of them were tucked into an adorable little minature tote style bag, just adorable. Yea, I got my Purple Thang! Homemade strawberry jelly for my morning toast and that very pretty ironing pad that susan had posted a picture of on this thread. Needles for my machine, some tacky glue and some real cute panels. I cannot post a picture right now, but will try to do it after a while.

Ladybug 1938 06-13-2012 03:05 PM

My SP received her package on June 11, was delivered at 3:36 PM and I still have not heard from her. Do hope she is okay and not sick, so many have been ill...She lives in CT....

Gail called today when she got home and told me she got her package and as she was pulling things out she sounded so happy... Glad she got a great package and we had a good day celebrating her Birthday...

catpawski 06-13-2012 03:58 PM

Received one of my Secret pal packages from nexxus831........what a nice package......she sent me some 5 inch I spy blocks........some layer cake blocks.......thread....a couple of hankies....and some of the best smelling loose tea...........can't wait to have some.................yum