Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-may-31st-4pm-cdt-t222245.html)

catpawski 06-30-2013 06:40 AM

Been away for a few days.......thanks for the prayers............had radiation treatment for thyroid cancer......... my cheeks and neck look like a chimpmunk storing nuts for the winter.............I very tired and sore in the neck area but besides that all is good..............I also have to suck on sour items so now I feel all puckered up.............ready for a nap so I'll check back again..............

Hope on Monday everyone gets their packages............signed up again for two swaps next month..........

lynnie 06-30-2013 08:13 AM

cat, wishing you warm quilty hugs and felling better soon.

quiltnut4ever 06-30-2013 08:19 AM

Cat I admire your strength. Hugs and prayers sent your way. Feel better soon! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

starshine 07-01-2013 09:24 AM

TY from my SP

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the Thank You gift from Gaijin. She sent it because she is grateful swappers are willing to send internationally so they can participate. She didn't have to do this but I will enjoy it. The card she included I plan to frame it is so pretty and looks like a painting. Thank you Deborah!

lynnie 07-01-2013 10:25 AM

beautiful fabric, I especially love those little girls. what will you do with it??? please show us.

TOOMANYUFO'S 07-01-2013 10:26 AM

Is anyone else still on the bench with me?

lawsonmugs 07-01-2013 11:35 AM

Starshine what beautiful fabrics and a beautiful jesture too.hugs Mary

Grandma Peg 07-01-2013 03:45 PM

Cat thoughts and prayers for you while going through treatments.

starshine 07-01-2013 09:04 PM

Not sure what I will do with them yet but definitely will be planning something. One of my daughters did 2 years in Japan with the Exchange Teaching program and she made a wooden doll while there and gave it to me when she came home. I am thinking of making a small wall hanging with the doll fabric and either hang it near the doll or use it to put the doll on. But since I have a few things on my "must do" first list I'll have awhile to let ideas develop.

TooManyUFOs I am thinking Lori knows you are here on the bench, and if so I'm sure she is checking it out(if not let her know). Hopefully your package is soon to be delivered. Shall I bring some wine coolers over?

Louise and Cat prayers, thoughts and {{{{hugs}}}}!

Cogito 07-02-2013 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by starshine (Post 6153981)
Here is a picture of the Thank You gift from Gaijin. She sent it because she is grateful swappers are willing to send internationally so they can participate. She didn't have to do this but I will enjoy it. The card she included I plan to frame it is so pretty and looks like a painting. Thank you Deborah!

Very nice! I just sent a doll quilt (and other little goodies) to Gaijin in Japan....it is pretty pricey to mail there! :shock: But, I loved the opportunity to send a little quilt to live across the Ocean! And I get one back in return from Japan! :) So worth it in the end.