Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March “Quilty Madness” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ 2.5" swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-%93quilty-madness%94-oh-sew-sweet-%91candy%92-2-5-swap-t259668.html)

moonrise 01-20-2015 07:22 PM

Okay, PM sent. 15 sets plus 5 batik twists for me. :thumbup:

Honchey 01-21-2015 09:51 AM

I second Trishb's suggestion for brights.:)

maebe42 01-21-2015 10:13 AM

Sent PM. Signed up for 15 sets plus the 5 twist.

SheriR 01-21-2015 03:02 PM

Oh ladies! We have such a great group here! I'm so happy to see the new members and the sharing of ideas. I'm all for brights too. I'll check my bins and see what I can find.

I had another idea, and it's will be strictly voluntary. All the returning swappers know I always put a "thank you" in your return package. As part of the "March Quilty Madness" theme, I thought if you wanted to you could include (with your regular sets of candy) one baggy with 30 of THE SAME 2.5" candy fabric in your favorite color. I'll make up the "thank you" package for everyone and it will contain candy from everyone! Does that make perfect sense. lol..... You send the sets you signed up for that has DIFFERENT 2.5" candy, but send ONE EXTRA bag with 30 2.5" of ONE print. I picked 30 because that seems a safe number for our group. We've had up to 40 swappers and usually always over 24. I will make 30 "thank you packets". I always do... If we have more than 30 swappers, I'll of course make more up. :D Just remember, it's voluntary, everyone receives a "thank you" from me regardless of adding to the set. I just got the idea and it seem MAD!!!

<3 Sheri

SheriR 01-21-2015 03:06 PM

Also, here is a list of our swappers so far. If you have NOT heard from me regarding my new address, please send me a PM.

March 2015 “March Madness” Swap Signup Info

1- SheriR – 15 Cotton sets, 5 Batik
2- Midlands-Lady – 15 Cotton sets
3- Letsquilt- 15 Cotton sets
4- KarenG – 15 Cotton sets, 5 Batik
5- bjsmith57 - 15 Cotton sets
6- honchey – 15 Cotton sets, 5 Batik
7- mrshalibut – 14 Cotton sets
8- kele – 15 Cotton sets
9- DDuMouchel - ?
10- PeginCO - 15 Cotton sets
11- barri1 – 15 Cotton Sets
12- happylab – 15 Cotton sets, 5 Batik
13- Rosemary Attaway – 15 Cotton sets
14- djmat – 15 Cotton sets
15- quilterjody-10 Cotton sets
16- trish b – 15 Cotton sets, 5 Batik
17- moonrise - 15 Cotton Sets, 5 Batik
18- aborning – 15 Cotton sets
19- maebe42 – 15 Cotton sets, 5 Batik

Is this a great list or what??? Let me know if I made any errors. :D

SheriR 01-23-2015 12:50 PM

How is everyone doing out there? I'm going crazy as usual!! :D Waiting to see if my daughter is actually bringing the 21 month old for me to play with while she takes the 4 yr old to a movie. (Fingers crossed, she's a doll!!!)

I have a flannel log Cabin quilt I'm making for someone that needs to be done by Valentine's Day. I don't think the baby will let me sew though. lol I wanted to get an opinion from you who are more experienced than I am. (99.9% of you :D ) When I bought the flannels, there were some homespuns in with the flannels. Some of them matched the colors I needed. I took them all to the cutting table and questioned the QS lady helping me. She said, yes they were homespuns, but, and I quote, "Homespun is basically flannel." REALLY? I'd never thought that. Am I wrong? I do know homespun is way different than cotton though. (On the list of DO NOT SEND WITH CANDY) lol... :D

I'll post a pic of my log cabin's progress asap. Until then, Happy Quilting and may all your candy measure 2.5"!! :D

<3Sheri

Honchey 01-23-2015 04:01 PM

The homespun I've always seen is an open weave and doesn't have a brushed nap..

sewbizgirl 01-23-2015 09:12 PM

Sheri, count me in for 15 sets again. Plus the 30 thank you squares of my favorite fabric! That's a great idea.

I think I will be able to send all new (different) prints than last time.

BTW, I got a half dozen or some homespuns in the last swap. Had to discard them as they are too loosely woven to be good for quilting. Just a reminder: We are not supposed to be sending homespuns! If it's a plaid that looks exactly the same front and back, it's probably a homespun.

Fiestypixy 01-25-2015 05:48 AM

I am new to this swap - but have done the ISPY swap before. Since the rules are so different, I want to make sure I get this right. If I sign up for one set - I send 50 different fabrics cut into 2.5" squares. If I send 10 sets, can I send those same 50 fabrics? In other words, is it okay to send those 50 fabrics x 10 sets for 500 squares? Or does it have to be 500 different fabrics? I know at minimum I have to have 50 different fabrics.
Next, there didn't seem to be any restrictions on lines, dots, flowers, solids, etc. is that correct?

Honchey 01-25-2015 07:03 AM

Fiesty, no flannels, no homespuns, no fabric so thin you can see thru it..Fabric must be 100 % cotton...
The fabric can be any color,pattern, stripe floral, theme, etc Try to cut accurate 2.5" squares
I'm not sure but I think the info needed for the swap is on the first page of this thread.
and yes, you can send the same fabric as the first set..the sets can have different from the first. just to make sure each set has 50 different fabrics.. I hope this helps..