Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May FQ Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-fq-swap-t220247.html)

Grandma Peg 05-08-2013 05:18 AM

Got my name this morning and it will be mailed on my way to work. Your zip totals 18.

Elisabrat 05-08-2013 05:49 AM

Thanks Brenda, tough this sorting of all the names and sending all the emails. FYI swappers its not a quick easy job just did it with 35 people and can attest to the fact it takes a lot of time. Who is getting who, sending all those individual emails (this is secret so as many swappers as there are that is how many pms your sending).. I appreciate your doing this when your feeling so cruddy but I also appreciate your doing this when your well too :)

I will say one clue: its not going to.. yup.. its true.. its not going to me. of course then my partners are farther than 50 miles from me and within a days trip from me (walking? driving? flying?) .. the good thing is they will get their fabrics out in the mail to start their journey by ANTS (they carry a lot!) today.

lauriejo 05-08-2013 06:19 AM

Yippee I got my names, so a trip to the post office is on the schedule! Are you sending to me Grandma Peg???? Both of my swaps are going west. Well they do both have to go to PA first, since all mail from my post office now goes to Warrendale instead of Cleveland.

SheriR 05-08-2013 06:54 AM

Yipee! Names are flowing. Can't wait to get mine I have my FQ's all ready too! Thanks Brenda! And you keep taking care of yourself!

(I actually checked my "sent pms". Yes I found it lol. Yes I'm a dork.)

Sdwill 05-08-2013 09:22 AM

I've got my two names. My SP's packages will be mailed tomorrow. I was going to mail today, but forgot to take them with me at lunch to go by the post office. :(

luvstoquilt 05-08-2013 12:12 PM

Got my names this morning and sent the packages a couple of hours ago...

1) is headed SE 1151 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the heart of your city which was selected as your states outstanding rural community in 2000.

2) Headed south 2007.11 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the center of your city where the major export is WINE GRAPES!!!! Sounds like the place to be!!!!

Vanogay 05-08-2013 12:35 PM

I am out of town, so partner, you may have to wait just a bit. I did shop for you today. Found a quilt shop in Bowling Green KY and got some fabric I hope you will like. Of course, I got some for me as well. They had 3 yards of wide backing on sale for $10/yard, so got that - and some lovely reddish fabric and some Kona Bay, my favorite manufacturer. Also found a really off-beat quilting store where I got some other fabrics, but not real sure of the makers. We head home tomorrow, so will try to get pkg in mail by Saturday. Can't believe it stays in state.

ssnare 05-08-2013 12:40 PM

I mailed my 2 packages today. One of you, we have swapped before. Yeah!

Yosamitesa 05-08-2013 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 6052648)
Got my names this morning and sent the packages a couple of hours ago...

1) is headed SE 1151 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the heart of your city which was selected as your states outstanding rural community in 2000.

2) Headed south 2007.11 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the center of your city where the major export is WINE GRAPES!!!! Sounds like the place to be!!!!

Got excited on #2, until the major export is wine grapes...DARN!!! Not my home town. Would love to know where that one is though!!!

kiffie2413 05-08-2013 02:31 PM

I can't wait to see all the great fqs that go out...I hate that I missed this month, but my beloved grandma passed away recently, and while she was 92, she was a "lil spitfire" (she loved when we said that!), she lived alone, and was really healthy, so it was a surprise to us all...Anyways, glad your doing better Brenda! And, I will live vicariously through all the pics that get posted...
Regards,
Kif