Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Modern Mini Quilt swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/modern-mini-quilt-swap-t189175.html)

Havplenty 05-30-2012 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5252834)
Havplenty, that is pretty. Is it one piece of fabric? My eyes aren't what they use to be.

no it isn't one piece it's squares cut up and sewn back together. i posted the grid i am using in post #85.

Havplenty 05-30-2012 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 5250067)
same here..I do artsy all the time...but just bought some NOT me fabrics and wanted to do Modern!

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 5252972)
Jac, did you find it difficult to purchase "not you" fabric? I sure did!!!

the only 'not me' fabrics i could purchase is civil war prints, repro's (30's, 1800's or otherwise) and some calicos are very suspect and i don't see these in a cart of mine any time soon. but other than this i think i can give most fabric a gander though my preference is fabric with a voice (bright colors, large prints, geometrics, etc.)

heyuitsme 05-30-2012 09:56 AM

oh, thanks for posting my picture! I like the contrast of warm and cool colors...and the gray is soo rich.
which reminds me, I need to get solid color shopping. I literally did not have ANY solids until about a week ago. I don't have much/any time to quilt, so I'm focused on stash building...slowly and when there are super good deals. (why are all my crafting hobbies so expensive!?!) Anyway, I purchased some white, brown and a grey, but really need to get some more colors. hmmm, off to check joanns sales! :)

Linny 06-01-2012 10:27 AM

Haven't seen too much activity here since the holiday. How's everyone doing? I started a second quilt....one I like working on much more. Can't wait to get a partner. Won't be long now. Linny

Havplenty 06-01-2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 5258349)
Haven't seen too much activity here since the holiday. How's everyone doing? I started a second quilt....one I like working on much more. Can't wait to get a partner. Won't be long now. Linny

we are all trying to figure out how to let the elastic out on our shorts to give some room to digest all of the bbq we ate.:D

eagleoneowl2u2 06-01-2012 02:58 PM

Just sent you a PM, I think that this will be a fun swap to do. Am excited to do this. I can now get the new book that I got and pick out a pattern to make now. TeeHeeeHeeHee :)

abdconsultant 06-02-2012 05:18 AM

Wake up everybody we have 20 so far.............................................

JuneBillie 06-02-2012 07:02 AM

Sounds like we have more folks coming in. Let's keep coming. We want all of you. I have my main piece of fabric now for my modern mini quilt. In the process of what I want it to say. I will be working on that today, in between getting my last two plants in the ground. :D Just finished adding bird seed to a feeder out front, and have already seen the redbirds flocking around. It's such a pretty, sunny morning, and a bit cooler, but nice.

nancia 06-02-2012 05:33 PM

we had major thunderstorms yesterday with even tornado warnings, but none showed up. today it's cool and beautiful. thanks for the rain, the plants are happy! have a design for my dq swap done, and may use a variation for this swap, as in try it out for this swap. ok?

Lv2sew2011 06-02-2012 10:40 PM

I think I will try this one too! Please add me...
Donna