Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

CajunBear 07-27-2012 07:28 PM

No August yet!

Hugs,
Cajun

WilliP 07-28-2012 12:55 AM

Ever have one of those blocks --you know, the one that makes sense on paper but when you put it together something is not quite right?? I am back to square one for my July partner --- hope to get it fixed and in tomorrow's mail. Finally got to post office with blocks I owed. Let me know when you get them. Off to figure out my kaleidoscope/snowglobe problem.
WilliP

Bluelady 07-28-2012 05:19 PM

Oh Robert! They look wonderful!!! My GD will LOVE the Alice one with that awesome Cheshire cat on it! and the Madri Gras one is perfect for my theme!! Thank you so much!! They are so cute!! And I wasn't worried, I knew when ever you got your machine back, you would get er done! All in good time!
Thank you again so much!! Such beautiful work!

MadeinMaine 07-29-2012 06:41 PM

I will be posting the list of August partners sometime on August 1st.
Thanks to everyone for participating.
shirley

Pats8e8 07-30-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5398307)
Since I haven't seen anyone post the blocks I sent to Pat A. & Material Girl, here they are. I made them for Robert's swappees while he was in the hospital. Sandy did respond, but haven't heard from Pat. Glad you're getting back to your ol' self Robert....I know you're so glad to get the new Dolly. Don't overdo yourself now, take breaks...:thumbup:

Sew Hugs
Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]351751[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]351752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]351753[/ATTACH]

Hi Jean,

I found the wonderful red and white blocks when I returned home from my daughter's. They are great and will fit in nicely with my others. Nearly have enough for a top now so will be changing themes soon. You are a good friend to do those for Robert while his machine was down. Now mine is. Took it to the shop before my trip and thought it would be done when I returned home, but no, finally picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for posting the pics, and thanks again for the blocks.

materialgrl 07-30-2012 10:41 AM

Oksewnsew ,Thanks for posting the pics I am still having camara issues, Sandy/materialgrl

Oksewnsew 07-30-2012 08:35 PM

You are welcome...glad you both liked them. Glad to do them for da Roberto....lolo

Jean

rfbrazell 07-31-2012 09:34 AM

Pat you are so right, Jean is a great friend just like family.
I know what you mean about your machine being down, it's the pits.
Jean does such a great job. I'm glad they worked for you.
Swap anytime you want just send me a PM.

All the best
Roberto

Originally Posted by Pats8e8 (Post 5405553)
Hi Jean,

I found the wonderful red and white blocks when I returned home from my daughter's. They are great and will fit in nicely with my others. Nearly have enough for a top now so will be changing themes soon. You are a good friend to do those for Robert while his machine was down. Now mine is. Took it to the shop before my trip and thought it would be done when I returned home, but no, finally picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for posting the pics, and thanks again for the blocks.

cjr 08-01-2012 08:26 AM

I am excited. Yesterday I came accross a fabric on ebay with the names of all the states written on them. It is going to work in perfectly as sashing or a border for my "See the USA" quilt". I almost have enough bvlocks to beging putting it together. I still neeed a few states and am up for extra swaps from someone in those states.
Wisconson, Alaska, North Dakota, New Mexico Colorado Hawaii, A couple more I'm not sure of.

QuilterMomma 08-01-2012 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Received my block from materialgirl and it is beautiful. Here it is. She said she does not like batiks, but i think she did pretty good with it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]352966[/ATTACH]