Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

materialgrl 09-03-2013 02:32 PM

Robert,wish I were doing a peacock quilt those are wonderful.

createfourpaws 09-03-2013 02:59 PM

Robert I love your peacocks. I am now gonna have to do a peacock quilt to match my peacock wall hanging I have about my headboard. LOL Like I need another project right now. Thanks for sharing

rfbrazell 09-04-2013 09:44 AM

Thank you all for the compliments. The Peacock is my favorite bird ( except for their screaming, really they scream)
It's like a treat when I do the peacock blocks......
All the best
Roberto

lovngrandma 09-04-2013 10:27 AM

I have done one by hand and like the second one, more plumage and not so clean and neat, it took me about 2 months by hand, working on it every day, but it was relly really pretty, sorry to say i no longer have it as it was destroyed by the hurricane Andrew many years ago the one that took my house and condemed it and i and mykids moved up here, and i have never tackeled making another one again, maby some day , roberts sure are beautiful ,

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 6273519)
Thank you all for the compliments. The Peacock is my favorite bird ( except for their screaming, really they scream)
It's like a treat when I do the peacock blocks......
All the best
Roberto

bibliostone 09-06-2013 01:22 PM

Another Thank You!

Oh Robert, you have outdone yourself again. The peacocks have arrived and they are even prettier than the pictures show. I might have to rethink my plan for them and make two quilts that each have one of the blocks as its centerpiece. Now, you really must let me know what you want in return for these beautiful creatures.

Elise

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 6270342)
Hello Bibliostone
Bibliostone your peacocks are done and posting pics. Hope you like them.
The first one is a east Indian peacock design and the second one has a French inspiration with the peacock.
There ya go.
Roberto

kathymarie 09-07-2013 08:09 AM

I asked for Basket Blocks....on the left is the block I received from dotcomdtcm...she asked for something that said "baby girl"...the block on the right is a Sunbonnet Sue for her....

oooops....I keep getting the message that "upload failed"....sorry

kathymarie 09-07-2013 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I asked for Basket Blocks....on the left is the block I received from dotcomdtcm...she asked for something that said "baby girl"...the block on the right is a Sunbonnet Sue for her....

oooops....I keep getting the message that "upload failed"....sorry

kathymarie 09-07-2013 08:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK...finally figured out I had to resize photos but they still look wonky....here's a photo of the basket block from Chrickett....she sent 6...I don't know if I misunderstood or what...still waiting to hear from her about sending her 5 more blocks....she asked for a pastel star block...

zozee 09-07-2013 08:48 AM

Amaaaaaaaazing!!!

kathymarie 09-07-2013 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Figured out the "wonky" part...lol....here's a better photo of Dotcomdtcm's basket block to me and my Sunbonnet to her...