Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 11-28-2010 04:36 PM

Jetnica -- your extra block is awaiting completion of an upgrade in the software of my sewing machine, so please be patient with me. Remember the old days when sewing machines only had foot pedals -- now they have computers that beep, bing, and flashes me angry faces when I make a mistake. If I still don't do it right it shows me a video. Nice to know that I'm being put down by a machine -- at least I still control the on switch.

jetnica 11-28-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Jetnica -- your extra block is awaiting completion of an upgrade in the software of my sewing machine, so please be patient with me. Remember the old days when sewing machines only had foot pedals -- now they have computers that beep, bing, and flashes me angry faces when I make a mistake. If I still don't do it right it shows me a video. Nice to know that I'm being put down by a machine -- at least I still control the on switch.

No rush - no worries!! You had a lot of "extra" blocks this month!

I know it's wrong, but I've learned that most electronics are girls -- they need to be cuddled and complimented in order for them to do what you want them to do! =)

I hope I can go to the PO tomorrow -- I have two Dr. Appts and I'm hoping my mom will take me after those, or the BF will take me after he gets home from work. =)

Lightening57 11-29-2010 09:45 AM

Got my Dec partner, Sapdogie. Hi, hope you like what I decide on.

lab fairy 11-29-2010 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received a beautiful block from Yorkiemom over the weekend and wanted to make sure everyone sees her beautiful work. It was like receiving a piece of sunshine. Thank you so much.

kwiltkrazy 11-29-2010 12:34 PM

Beautiful block Labfairy, Yorkiemom you do such beautiful work, the colors just pop.

quiltingnonie 11-29-2010 01:10 PM

I'm lovin' that! Gorgeous batiks!

dotcomdtcm 11-29-2010 03:15 PM

I just joined. What are the "extra blocks"?

jacquie 11-29-2010 03:36 PM

gosh, i've just spent the last few hours making 'dahna42's' block!! her theme is 'ocean, blue & red'...
boy, did i enjoy myself!! & i think i got a little carried away lol... it is lovely, even if i say so myself!!
i can't wait for her to get it!! i will post a picture when it arrives.
love jacquie xxxxxx

jacquie 11-29-2010 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I just joined. What are the "extra blocks"?

hi dotty, some ladies are happy to make 'extra blocks' via 'pm'.
if you announce on this thread that you would be happy to do an extra, others will answer your plea.
love jacquie xxxx

goldendog55 11-29-2010 04:08 PM

It's extra because it is not really part of the monthly swap, but if you enjoy making more blocks each month, the quilt that you are working on will grow faster. It's just for fun!