Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

tomilu 01-15-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31

Originally Posted by tomilu
Here are my Dec and Jan blocks. Good start toward a QOV. Thanks, ladies!!

They do look nice together,it was fun to make.

Linda, I will get your block in the mail Monday.

Sloan Quinn 01-15-2011 01:32 PM

Judy -
I've looked at that block a hundred times already, and it just now hit me (seeing the pic you posted) that we may actually have that palm leaf batik here at work. I know we have something similar, just not sure if its exactly the same. :-) maybe if I get some extra change rollin around I'll send you some.

burnsk 01-15-2011 02:11 PM

buddy'smom, i just got your block and i love it, it is so cute. Will take a picture tomorrow when the sun is shining so I have good light. It's overcast and snowing, and using the camera's flash really distorts colors. Thanks again.

Yours will be going out this week. I'm 2 behind - first eye surgery and then a nasty cold/sinus/flu bug. It will be a good feeling to catch up.

paintmejudy 01-15-2011 02:11 PM

Don't be silly, Sloan, but it was a sweet thought. Batiks are too expensive to just buy some for no reason! Buy it for yourself, instead.

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
Judy -
I've looked at that block a hundred times already, and it just now hit me (seeing the pic you posted) that we may actually have that palm leaf batik here at work. I know we have something similar, just not sure if its exactly the same. :-) maybe if I get some extra change rollin around I'll send you some.

paintmejudy 01-15-2011 02:13 PM

Abonda and I did an extra swap in January, and here are her two beauties I received today. Love them, Andrea, as I always love your blocks! Thank you sooooo much, they are truly wonderful.

Your blocks mailed yesterday.

Have a great weekend.

paintmejudy 01-15-2011 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Abonda and I did an extra swap in January, and here are her two beauties I received today. Love them, Andrea, as I always love your blocks! Thank you sooooo much, they are truly wonderful. Andrea told me she designed the red block. Isn't it sweet? Not a great picture, but is a flower in a pot.

Your blocks mailed yesterday.

Have a great weekend.

ljdugas31 01-15-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31

Here are my Dec and Jan blocks. Good start toward a QOV. Thanks, ladies!!

They do look nice together,it was fun to make.

Linda, I will get your block in the mail Monday.

I'll be looking!!!!!

Quilting Nonnie 01-15-2011 02:27 PM

Abonda, your blocks for paintmejudy are fantastic. I love them both! Very creative.

kwiltkrazy 01-15-2011 02:50 PM

All the blocks in are so beautiful.

MadeinMaine 01-15-2011 03:10 PM

Dottie - your houses are lovely! Great job by your partners. Thanks for posting the pictures.