Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

abonda 01-28-2011 05:42 PM

Don't you just love a quilter!!!

kwiltkrazy 01-28-2011 08:09 PM

Slvr, Bluelady, and Jentica, I forgot to say thank you for the wonderful blocks you sent me this month, I really love them. I will post a picture of all my rwb blocks sometime this weekend.

abonda 01-29-2011 06:21 AM

Oh Kwilt I would love to see them!! Please do!!

Philarena 01-29-2011 11:17 AM

This is the beautiful block I received from quiltingjoey. My January block will be mailed out on Monday morning. Sorry mine is late. I'm down with Strep Throat right now and I feel like someone sliced my throat open. We both just joined this month and had to wait to get assigned to someone. We have enjoyed getting to know each other and finding out how similar our pasts are!

Quilting Nonnie 01-29-2011 01:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I finally found my camera!! So here's a catch-up for this month.

I had to make up my block for December with cjr. Her theme is See America. I sent her a block about the Monterey Bay Peninsula, California. I grew up in Carmel Valley, so I put in things I loved about that area: sea otters that get an abalone then wrapped up in seaweed for an anchor they lie on their backs and crack the shell with a rock on their stomach. The Sand Castle contest in Carmel and the First Theater in California where they used to do melodramas to entertain the people working in the canneries and fishing for sardines. They refurbished it and now they still have live melodramas where you can boo and hiss. The Lone Cypress is famous throughout the world, and I used to ride my bike all the time through the 17 Mile Drive (Pebble Beach) where it is located.

I also did an extra swap of two blocks with PaintMeJudy. Her theme is to make your favorite block and the colors are your choice.

I feel really bad because I don't remember who my January block partner was :oops: Her theme was to have you make your favorite block and she liked turquoise.

Monterey Bay California
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149381[/ATTACH]

for Paint Me Judy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149382[/ATTACH]

for Paint Me Judy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149383[/ATTACH]

January Partner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149463[/ATTACH]

Quilting Nonnie 01-29-2011 01:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And now...the blocks I received!

My January partner sent me a block for my new theme of stars! She put a lot of effort into the stars and it's very pretty!

PaintmeJudy and I swapped two blocks from my previous theme of meadow-inspired batik colors. Turquoise is my new favorite color and what a great block she did. The other green reminded me of sitting in the shade in the summer. Just terrific blocks!

paintmejudy 01-29-2011 01:39 PM

Oh my goodness, Quilting Nonie, I love them! Cannot wait for them to arrive. The colors are spectacular! Thank you soooo much. And glad that you like your blocks. I liked the colors ... so restful!

[quote=Quilting Nonnie]also did an extra swap of two blocks with PaintMeJudy. Her theme is to make your favorite block and the colors are your choice.

Roseysue 01-29-2011 01:51 PM

I mailed the January block for my partner crafterbarbara today.

When she reeives it, if she doesn't take a picture of it, I will be glad to post a picture for all of you.

Quilting Nonnie 01-29-2011 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Today was a perfect day for taking pictures. It's overcast outside and that's excellent lighting conditions. I took advantage of it by taking pictures of almost all the blocks I got for my previous theme: Meadow Colors in Batik. Of course after I got everything taken down, I realized I'd left the latest two blocks in the house!

Also, I started a blue and white sampler quilt in 2007. I made a few blocks, but it was slow going. When I joined this block swap, I decided to make a blue and white block in the same pattern as I was sending out. I'm up to 20 blocks now. I used a light blue cloth to pin the blocks to and I think it might make a good sashing colors. Anyone have ideas for sashing colors? For the Meadow Batiks I'm thinking of a rust colored batik.

Roseysue 01-29-2011 02:28 PM

Soooooooo pretty. You have quite a collection!