Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

ckcowl 08-26-2010 02:03 AM

there was a surprise package waiting for me whey i got home last night, exciting to open! 2 really beautiful blocks...and a yo-yo maker! the blocks are great...and the yo=yo maker, that will be fun. I've seen them demo'd but had not taken the plunge into yo-yo ville...now i have no excuses! my gift and blocks came from 'letsquilt'
thank you so much! and what timing; i finished your blocks yesturday and so i 'recycled' your envelope and yours will be heading to you today ;)

cjr 08-26-2010 10:54 AM

Beautiful blue and gold block arrived from Jetnica arrived today. Embroidery of WVU and state outline beautiful. She also incooperated a minature flag of WVA. Very cool.

Yours will be out Mon. My machine jammed up and is in repair sop. It is #25 in line. I'll be using my other machine. I have been dilligently working on WIP.

turtlerouge 08-26-2010 11:03 AM

HI Jetnica, I received your block today. WOW, I absolutely love it. I don't have a camera, but my friend does, I'm going to see if she can get a pic of it tonight.

Hehehehe, I just love it.

The block is a a square block with a darker blue color with white stars in the fabric. Then the background of the block is a light blue with white stars in the fabric. She has embordered a large smiling turtle and on top of its shell is a smaller turtle. The smaller turtle is me. Its med. shade of blue and the large turtle is Jetnica & hers is the purple turtle (of course). Both turtles are looking at each other. I love it! It's going in my turtle quilt that I'm making for myself.

Thanks again Jetnica! turtlerouge, Chris

jetnica 08-26-2010 11:55 AM

Yay!! I'm glad you both like your blocks!! I can post pics for both of you here in a bit - I just left my high school and I'm headed up to teach my night class at the university. Thursdays are my long days.

:). Now I wonder what the mailman is doing with my first partner's block? I mailed it wout the week before the two of you!!!

kwiltkrazy 08-26-2010 12:33 PM

Can't wait to see the turtle blocks, you are so creative.

missgigglewings 08-26-2010 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got this beautiful block from Craftybarbara! She sure lives up to her name. This is so pretty! Thanks Barb!

ljdugas31 08-26-2010 01:57 PM

THANKS FOR THE 2 BEAUTIFUL BLOCKS FROM GOLDENDOG.I'LL BE SENDING OUT YOURS BY MONDAY. THANKS SOOOOO MUCH. YOU ARE SO TALENTED.PICTURE TO FOLLOW

turtlerouge 08-26-2010 02:54 PM

did you take a pic of the block you made me? chris

jetnica 08-26-2010 03:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
did you take a pic of the block you made me? chris

Yep I did!!

TurtleRouge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104949[/ATTACH]

cjr
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104950[/ATTACH]

JacquelineVH 08-26-2010 03:16 PM