Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

ljdugas31 04-25-2011 09:28 AM

Crafty i got my blocks today,you did such a beautiful job I LOVE THEM. THANK YOU SEW MUCH :thumbup: Please post.

Difergie 04-25-2011 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
car theme block for sapdoggie

paintmejudy 04-25-2011 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, now, this is not a mistake - a May extra swap -- yes, May, not April.

Received two fantastic blocks from PokerDiva today. They are soooo beautiful, Florence, and I love them both. Yes, the purple is my favorite, but I love the blue and red one, too. You are terrific! Thank you so much.

Your blocks mailed on Saturday.

I know, I know, we are both a teensy bit obsessive about this swap, but I wanted to get my May blocks done because I am doing Boomerang.

Crafty3790 04-25-2011 01:17 PM

I absolutely love the purple one.

JanetWall 04-25-2011 01:22 PM

Very pretty. Love the colors.

QuilterMomma 04-25-2011 01:31 PM

Ok ladies. I know this is off topic, but do any of you know the etiquette for being a bridesmaid. My daughter was asked, she has paid 75 for shoes 150 for dress and now is required, when wedding one week away, has to buy a special "sash" for her dress which is going to cost another 50. She is in college and going to her four year and does not have any money so I have to pay. This bothers me. Back in my day, I paid for everything or my parents did.

jacquie 04-25-2011 01:35 PM

i always understood that the brides parents paid for it all!
mine did!! the bridesmaids shouldn't have to pay for any of it!!
it's not your daughter's fault the 'intended couple' are getting married!! she shouldn't have to part with a dime for the pleasure of being a bridesmaid. i think they have a darn cheek expecting her to foot the bill!!

cjr 04-25-2011 01:39 PM

Advise from retired florist, also mother of bride-groom 5 times. Most wedding party paticipants do pay for their own attire. Special sashing at last minute is bride being bridezilla. Sorry to be so blunt. I would suggest your daughter tell her she can not afford it nor can you. See if she offers to buy it. A lot of brides get very demanding the closer it gets to their wedding. I suspect dress store is charging lots of postage for last minute add on and shipping.
Good luck

cnolan 04-25-2011 01:51 PM

I was always told (including by a wedding planner that I know) that the bride or her parents paid for everything for the bride's side, and the groom or his parents paid for his side. I agree that this bride has a lot of nerve and very little consideration for her friends! :shock:

QuilterMomma 04-25-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by cjr
Advise from retired florist, also mother of bride-groom 5 times. Most wedding party paticipants do pay for their own attire. Special sashing at last minute is bride being bridezilla. Sorry to be so blunt. I would suggest your daughter tell her she can not afford it nor can you. See if she offers to buy it. A lot of brides get very demanding the closer it gets to their wedding. I suspect dress store is charging lots of postage for last minute add on and shipping.
Good luck

So if she does not offer to buy it, then my daughter is still stuck paying for it correct? Or can she say that she will not be wearing it? The wedding is yellow and black, bridesmaids in a short dress that is nice, yellow shoes and then a yellow sash. My daughter was gifted in the rearend anyway, now to accentuate it even more. They will look like bumblebees up there.