Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

rfbrazell 07-08-2011 09:12 AM

It is amazing, afire with color. If it was mine, I would use a dark burnt orange, Sage Green or Rust. And since it is a fall theme, maybe a large outer border of Large Fall Leaves in every warm fall color you could think of.
I know what ever you do will be perfect.
R

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Onward.......Here are the blocks for my fall theme. Question....What color sashing and border do you think I should use. There is lots of oranges in them but would more orange be too much? Any suggestions?

buddy'smom 07-08-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
It is amazing, afire with color. If it was mine, I would use a dark burnt orange, Sage Green or Rust. And since it is a fall theme, maybe a large outer border of Large Fall Leaves in every warm fall color you could think of.
R

Onward.......Here are the blocks for my fall theme. Question....What color sashing and border do you think I should use. There is lots of oranges in them but would more orange be too much? Any suggestions?

I agree, sounds awesome.

PokerDiva 07-08-2011 09:16 AM

Both sound good. MMMMM I will have to see what I can find. Thank you for your input. If anyone else has a suggestion, feel free. Will be a few days before I get to fabric store.

rfbrazell 07-08-2011 10:03 AM

You mean you don't go daily. LOL. I thought that was a requirement for being a quilter ( at least my wife thinks it is.) everytime I say lets go for aride, she says "what shop this time?....Ha Ha Ha
R

Both sound good. MMMMM I will have to see what I can find. Thank you for your input. If anyone else has a suggestion, feel free. Will be a few days before I get to fabric store.

burnsk 07-08-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
R

Robert - some great ideas. When I get stumped I know who to ask. :thumbup:

jigs1354 07-08-2011 10:12 AM

BLACK would be a thought!! Really would set them off.
Shirley/Tn.(jigs1354)

fromzstore 07-08-2011 11:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here are 2 more block for extra swap with janet wall hope she likes them her theme is flowers and butterflys

Foxflower 07-08-2011 11:59 AM

That's going to be beautiful. Black might make a nice sashing. It would both frame them well and be fall-ish. On the other hand, I see some pretty consistent hints of raspberry and of green. Those might work well. I don't know if the picture is representing the colors well though. If you look at the picture on the board I think you'll see what I mean.

paintmejudy 07-08-2011 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My scrappy BOM quilt from the swap theme before I did stars. Did it in the strip quilt method that I used on the batik quilt from BOM that I posted a few months ago. Since the front blocks are scrappy, figured I'd use a scrappy back, too. It was meant to be a summer blanket, used a very low loft batt but still too warm for summer. Since it is a blanket, the ends were angled to make the tuck-in easier.

Finally finished this, and now I can get to the star quilt!

Back is a little ugly, but it gets the job done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223069[/ATTACH]

paintmejudy 07-08-2011 12:08 PM

I vote for a deep burnt orange and dark brown, not sure which should be sash and which to be border. I think i personally would go with burnt orange border. Gorgeous fall quilt, Florence.