Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Oksewnsew 07-08-2011 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:cry: :cry: I feel totally left out... :cry: :cry: Robert you didn't send ME anything when I joined. :lol: I have admired your work ever since I joined... There are so many talented people here, it's just amazing.

Here is the block I received from Sue (sustraley)..I couldn't believe it when I saw my swappee - she's in my ol' home town, where I grew up.. Small world, huh? Thanks Sue, really do like it.. Mine to you is on the sewing mc right now, will get it in the mail next week..

paintmejudy 07-08-2011 02:39 PM

It's actually a bit more than a half block, Florence and the corners maybe were about 60 degreeea? Dont remember, think I worked it out as I came to the corners.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Love your quilt too Judy. How did you do that border. Are those partial blocks? Good idea if they are.

sustraley 07-08-2011 04:15 PM

oksewnsew---glad you like it. This is only my second month in the swap-(hint, hint--Robert). Wanted to make sure I got it sent out quick. Love your board name too. Yes, isn't that ironic that we are from the same town? Have a great weekend!!

JanetWall 07-08-2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
here are 2 more block for extra swap with janet wall hope she likes them her theme is flowers and butterflys

Oh my Gosh they are absolutely beautiful. They are going to look great in my blanket. On the first one can you share how you made it?

fromzstore 07-08-2011 04:34 PM

i used the double diamond ruler if you punch it in to google there is a video on how to use it really fun to do and can be used on a number os items they will show you how. good video

JanetWall 07-08-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
i used the double diamond ruler if you punch it in to google there is a video on how to use it really fun to do and can be used on a number os items they will show you how. good video

I will check it out Thank's.

sew cornie 07-08-2011 05:24 PM

Onward.......Here are the blocks for my fall theme. Question....What color sashing and border do you think I should use. There is lots of oranges in them but would more orange be too much? Any suggestions?

Beautiful Fall collection. I like the suggestions of the rich brown or burnt orange. If you're concerned about one color being overpowering, how about picking several different colors. You could surround each block with a complementary Fall color (like having its own mini-border), then sew them directly together like that or add a traditional sashing between the bordered blocks. If you bordered the blocks and cut them wonky, they might resemble the movement of falling leaves . . . .

paintmejudy 07-08-2011 06:18 PM

Florence, love that fall block for Carsey!

Here is the block I sent Carsey for a July extra swap.

PokerDiva 07-08-2011 06:24 PM

Thank you. I had made one for myself and liked it so much I made another.

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
Florence, love that fall block for Carsey!

Here is the block I sent Carsey for a July extra swap.

dotcomdtcm 07-08-2011 06:29 PM

I love this block! Hey Carsey, do you really want it?