Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

shnnn 07-23-2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
has anyone every hosted a raggady ann swap i have some cute machine embrodiery designs done know if this would be doable but they could also do applique like sunbonnet sue just a thought

A doll block swap -- a new twist on the doll quilt swap?

fromzstore 07-23-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn

Originally Posted by fromzstore
has anyone every hosted a raggady ann swap i have some cute machine embrodiery designs done know if this would be doable but they could also do applique like sunbonnet sue just a thought

A doll block swap -- a new twist on the doll quilt swap?

good idea hint hint could be sunbonnet sue or sam raggady ann or andy strawberry shortcake any kind of rag doll

dotcomdtcm 07-23-2011 11:40 AM

Why don't you list it as a theme on here.
Anyone interested can offer extra swaps

fromzstore 07-23-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Why don't you list it as a theme on here.
Anyone interested can offer extra swaps

i may do that on my next theme

ljdugas31 07-23-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
They get more beautiful because you gals inspire me with what you do and it sets off a drive to get better for me.
I am so glad you like them.
Have I made you one yet?
R

Originally Posted by ljdugas31
Robert I LOVE your snowglobes,they get more beautiful . every time i see one!!!!!!!

Oh yes you have!!!!! But i am gready LOL

bloomin'Iris 07-23-2011 04:12 PM

okay.....I am so close to joining this group. A newbie to quilting so you have an idea what the squares may look like ;}. Looking to challenge myself with the different squares so feed back would be welcome & appreciated.
If you all are willing, I'm in. Nervous & jumping in with both feet.

MadeinMaine I am sending you a PM

Lv2sew2011 07-23-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris
okay.....I am so close to joining this group. A newbie to quilting so you have an idea what the squares may look like ;}. Looking to challenge myself with the different squares so feed back would be welcome & appreciated.

I'm pretty much a newbie too, and these swaps help me with learning new blocks...So with that said I say go for it! and Welcome!

fromzstore 07-23-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris

welcome try some paper pieced blocks they look so complicated but are easy just follow the numbers you cant go wrong if you dont know how look on youtube they have turtorils on it.

Linda

QuilterMomma 07-23-2011 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I mailed my partner her block. I like it so much I want to post it. It is the Northumber Star.

oldcatlady 07-23-2011 04:28 PM

OK, I've been lurking for awhile and ready to make the plunge. Fairly new to the QB. I hope I don't disappoint anyone! Theme will be Xmas.