Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Deb watkins 10-01-2010 09:12 AM

We are getting so creative with this second year of the block swap!

dahna42 10-01-2010 01:39 PM

I love them both
Dahna

Katie Ann 10-01-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
These are the two blocks that I sent my swap partner dahna42 whose theme was Oceans with red and blue. I drew up the red and white dive flags (by hand, yes, I'm crazy because I did it 5 times) and paper pieced them. When I finished that block my husband looked at me and says "its really ... yellow". I went back to the drawing board to try again. The second block is less yellow and was given a higher rating by my hubby. I just hope when you look at them you think "Ocean".

Love them; very pretty!

Katie Ann 10-01-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
All the blocks are so fantastic. The dresden Sue is very unique, I have never seen one before. I love the kite block, too. Just love the quilt blocks of Sew Cornie.

I don't have much luck with this swap, I send out blocks but almost never get any back. 2 back out of 6 swaps.

your r/w/b quilt is gorgeous, what beautiful blocks.

That is just wrong. I've been very lucky and gotten beautiful blocks back. Just one no show out of many swap partners.

abonda 10-01-2010 08:17 PM

kwiltkrazy your block (blocks) are done and will be mailed to you on Monday. If I don't say so myself I think they came out great! Hope you like them and hope it makes up for the ignorance of only a few. :shock: This is a great board and there are an aweful lot of really nice people here so don't worry be HAPPY.
wanabquilter your block is also done and will be shipping out to you on Monday also.:thumbup: These are my extra swaps for October.

Paintmejudy did not forget about you :-D got your fabric today and will work on yours over the weekend. I know I know it's only October 1st. Boy have I got to get a life :roll: lol
Andrea

jacquie 10-02-2010 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Virginia

Originally Posted by samroberts01
Here is a pic of the block I sent Jaquie, since she recieved figured it was ok to post!

Very Pretty! Nice work.

hi all/sam, i'm back from england, and we had a wonderful time!!!
i'm so tired now!! going to put my feel up!! i think i walked the soles off while we were away!!

thanks sam for putting up a pic of my lovely autumn block!!! these lovely blocks are going to look amazing together!!!

everyones work is wonderful!!
love jacquie xxxxx :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Katie Ann 10-02-2010 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the beautiful block I received from quiltingnonie, aka Laurie. Just love it. I'm thinking of doing a whole quilt with these beautiful flower log cabin blocks. Thanks Laurie!!!!!

Log cabin block from quiltingnonie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87892[/ATTACH]

letsquilt 10-02-2010 02:23 PM

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluelady 10-02-2010 02:48 PM

Got TWO beautiful blocks in the mail today from Mainewoods Mammie! Thank you thank you! I will post pics later today, once I find my camera.
I have been working on my Winter Swap blocks and I am running behind, but I will get my September block in the mail to you (Mammie) by Tuesday at the latest! Sorry for delay..:(

I vow to NOT be behind on my October swap!

Deecee 10-02-2010 06:49 PM

Love all the blocks that have been coming in.

I got dropped off the notifications again so I have to keep commenting to I can keep up with all the pics while I am off the swap list for a while.