Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Quilting Nonnie 08-23-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by crawford1219
Hey everyone-I have a question! I am new to this swap and notice that several people are getting/sending two blocks. When we get our assignments and there is more than one theme listed are we supposed to make a block for each theme? Or are we supposed to select which theme we would like to make a block for? Thanks for your help!

The "rules" are one block per trade. Some people like to do two blocks for their partner, however it is certainly not required. I think it was MadeinMaine that said that if you want to do 2 blocks, it's a good idea to let your partner know. I have been given 2 blocks by one or two of my partners and I'm always thrilled!! But I also feel a little guilty because I made one.

Some swappers also like to send some extra fabric or a giftie along with their block, which is very sweet and such a nice surprise! But again, the only thing written out is that we swap one block.

crawford1219 08-23-2010 04:31 PM

Thanks for the quick response-I was starting to feel like I had jipped my partner! :oops:

MadeinMaine 08-23-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by homecaregiver
Hi, I would love to join this BLOCK SWAP so could you send me the info I need to get started. I will PM you with my info.
Thanks
Pat

PM sent. WELCOME!!!! You will LOVE this group :thumbup:

MadeinMaine 08-23-2010 04:34 PM

Hi, everyone - Hope August is treating you well :D

Please welcome our two newest members:

homecaregiver
Theme: Log cabin blocks in browns (dk, med, lt.prints would be great and black (prints would be great).

and

nhweaver
Theme: any type of pinwheel pattern, in civil war repro or neutrals/browns/grey/golds/pumpkin.

turtlerouge 08-23-2010 04:41 PM

Hi Jetnica, just wanted to let you know that your block was mailed today. turtlerouge

jetnica 08-23-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
Hi Jetnica, just wanted to let you know that your block was mailed today. turtlerouge

hooray!! yours too!!

letsquilt 08-23-2010 05:19 PM

Hi! CKCowl, your block was mailed Saturday. hope you like them.

MadeinMaine 08-23-2010 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie

Originally Posted by crawford1219
Hey everyone-I have a question! I am new to this swap and notice that several people are getting/sending two blocks. When we get our assignments and there is more than one theme listed are we supposed to make a block for each theme? Or are we supposed to select which theme we would like to make a block for? Thanks for your help!

The "rules" are one block per trade. Some people like to do two blocks for their partner, however it is certainly not required. I think it was MadeinMaine that said that if you want to do 2 blocks, it's a good idea to let your partner know. I have been given 2 blocks by one or two of my partners and I'm always thrilled!! But I also feel a little guilty because I made one.

Some swappers also like to send some extra fabric or a giftie along with their block, which is very sweet and such a nice surprise! But again, the only thing written out is that we swap one block.

Thanks, Quilting Nonnie, for the PERFECT explanation :thumbup:

MadeinMaine 08-23-2010 05:33 PM

YIPPEEEEE! Another new participant:

QuiltQtrs
Theme: Amish quilt
Any pattern 12 1/2" block but with solid black background,
and only ONE other solid color used (such as teal, forest green,
burgundy, gold, purple, royal blue, etc.).
Block can be as simple as "Churn Dash", "Star", "Bear Paw", etc.

Welcome to our group of friends!

kwiltkrazy 08-23-2010 08:00 PM

Wow, funny, we have two turtles swapping. Sorry, it just hit my funny bone.

Welcome QuiltQtrs, you'll love this swap, the people are so friendly, and very helpful. They are also very supportive. This will be my 4th swap, and I love it.