Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Short an Sweet 06-26-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
To all those I owe blocks to. I am hoping to spend as much time as possible tomorrow working on them. My father in law had gotten sick, and usually I help my mother in law take him to the doctor offices and such. He was in a wheelchair, and she can't get around super easily. Anyway, the last two weeks he had been in the hospital, and his wishes were to not recusitate, and to pass away at home. Last Monday, we brought him home, and early Thursday morning he passed away. He had liver cancer, and unfortunately, that is one that is hard to find, until you realize there are problems with the liver.

He is out of pain now, and I am back to working on my quilting stuff. It is hard to lose someone, but I know he is pain free.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know why I am behind. Hope to get a lot done this week.

Praying for your family for their loss

sapdoggie 06-26-2011 07:50 PM

hsquiltingmom- Sorry for your loss. May God hold you and your family tightly in His arms as you adjust to your new lives without your father-in-law.

pdcakm 06-26-2011 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
I love that floral log cabin - it sets them off so well! How wide are the logs?

thanks for the kind words. those are 2" finished strips, 2-1/2" cut. the big piece is 3" x 4" finished and the right side is 1" finished.

Mariah 06-27-2011 02:17 AM

Hsquilting Mom,
You have really had the family situations lately. Sorry about your FILaw. Hope things get better for you.
God Bless your family,and my thoughts and Prayers to all.
Thinking of you.
Mariah.

moosegirl 06-27-2011 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
On an earlier swap Kate01 sent me a wonderful rooster. I was originally going to surround it with some of my fall blocks but he kind of got lost in the mix. So I decided to make sure he was the star.

Your chicken block is great almost has a 3-d effect. Love it.
Wish I had one for the chicken quilt swap we finished.
Moosegirl

moosegirl 06-27-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
here is my block for june swap partner nancy in louisiana. thanks for your patience nancy.

the second block is the wonderful halloween block nancy sent me. perfect with my theme. thank you

zLove the candy corn block, are you doing the Holloween swap, this would be a wonderful block to swap. Moosegirl

moosegirl 06-27-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie
received June swap from Blanketyblankets, love it! The ladies in the window and doorway just make me laugh....what a neighborhood I am going to have :thumbup:

Great idea putting an image in the door and window, I was thinking of doing a block of the month at a quilt show with each house having the monthly theme in the window but now I can also design something in the doorway too. Thanks, Moosegirl

tomilu 06-27-2011 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
On an earlier swap Kate01 sent me a wonderful rooster. I was originally going to surround it with some of my fall blocks but he kind of got lost in the mix. So I decided to make sure he was the star.

I love the chicken, sooo funny.
Tommie

kimscruzer 06-27-2011 05:50 AM

I adore the sassy lady in the doorway. What a cool block !

Originally Posted by Difergie
received June swap from Blanketyblankets, love it! The ladies in the window and doorway just make me laugh....what a neighborhood I am going to have :thumbup:

8-)

kimscruzer 06-27-2011 05:53 AM

I have all my blocks ready to mail. I cannot find DOTCOM's address. Can someone PM me her address , or Dottie if you sign on send asap ! I want to get these in the mail early today .