Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Lv2sew2011 08-31-2011 09:33 PM

Got a question for you swappers, if you were hosting a swap, and a new quilter joined your swap and you knew that the person was a new quilter and this quilter told you that he/she didn't know how to test fabric before he/she sent it, would you leave feed back like this (I would give a NEUTRAL instead of positive- submitted poly fabric- should of 'confirmed' prior to mailing fabrics.. However communication exceeded expectations..)????

And the new quilter said she was sorry more than once for the mistake?

Lv2sew2011 08-31-2011 09:44 PM

Prayers said for Cathy, hoping the chemo doesn't make her sick this time around...

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love love love it we found out yesterday she is having a boy it will be my first great grandchild gosh that makes me feel old[/quote]

Congrats!!!!! Here is another block for your GGS's quilt headed your way today!

Fromzstores block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249911[/ATTACH]

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 01:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
here are some fans headed out!

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Got a question for you swappers, if you were hosting a swap, and a new quilter joined your swap and you knew that the person was a new quilter and this quilter told you that he/she didn't know how to test fabric before he/she sent it, would you leave feed back like this (I would give a NEUTRAL instead of positive- submitted poly fabric- should of 'confirmed' prior to mailing fabrics.. However communication exceeded expectations..)????

And the new quilter said she was sorry more than once for the mistake?

I would never leave negative feed back that the public would see, especially for a new quilter. One sure fire way to lose what will someday be a great quilter! This is something that should have been handled by the swap host/hostess in my opinion.

When you enter into a swap you knowingly are aware that there are quilters of all skill levels. That being said not every item you receive will be 100% perfect. (doesn't mean that only new quilters make flubs either)

I have 2 rules I follow:
1. Always be gracious!
2. Only give advice when asked! (reason being we all arn't perfect)

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 02:17 AM

ADORABLE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

Originally Posted by Vicky K

Originally Posted by girlscouts1
awesome.....

This is for girlscouts1.
First I would like to apologize for not being able to do Raggedy Ann/Andy block. :oops: And Thank You for giving me some more ideas. I have added some extra goodies for not being able to follow through with your theme. Hope you like them - AND you have to wait to see the extras - ha ha :-D
Second I would like to apologize for the crease marks. I forgot to take a picture, so I took it out of the package to take one. I debated re-ironing it but thought it didn't look too bad. Boy was I WRONG. It will look way better in real life and with a little heat :oops:

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
fromzstore, here is another dr. seuss block for your new to be grandaughter......Hope you like, i hope it isn't to scary >LOL
One more coming
R

Okay Okay just as I think you can't possibly get any better at embroidery you do! LoL Robert another AWESOME job as always!

PS: what files does your machine recognize?

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 02:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did anyone receive this block in beg - mid August from me? Forgot to mark who! Oooops! LOL

Xmas block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249917[/ATTACH]

jacquie 09-01-2011 03:00 AM

like them!?! I LOVE THEM!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OMGoodness!!! they're amazing!!!!! :)
thank you very much!!!!
love jacquie xxxxx

Originally Posted by fromzstore
i just made 2 hedgehogs for Jacquie hope she likes them

fromzstore
Linda

Morningcoffeegal 09-01-2011 03:06 AM

They are darling! And those hedgehogs are domesticated too! WOW Can you send them my way I have laundry to be done! LOL

Originally Posted by jacquie
like them!?! I LOVE THEM!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OMGoodness!!! they're amazing!!!!! :)
thank you very much!!!!
love jacquie xxxxx

Originally Posted by fromzstore
i just made 2 hedgehogs for Jacquie hope she likes them

fromzstore
Linda