Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

QuilterMomma 09-23-2011 08:56 PM

Shnnn, so you moving my way a bit. Will it be cooler than where you are now?

shnnn 09-24-2011 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Shnnn, so you moving my way a bit. Will it be cooler than where you are now?

Quiltermomma - I'm in Northern Nevada now, moving to Fairbanks AK. It will be much cooler there :) their lows right now are 5* or so less than ours, but their high is about 30* cooler.

QuilterMomma 09-24-2011 05:51 AM

You are going to love the LQSs up there. They have some of the best stuff there I have been told and have seen some wonderful quilts made from there at the quilt shows that go on in Tacoma and Seattle. Now I do have a friend that lives up there, no she does not quilt, but is an architect. She is not far from Fairbanks. It is cooler up there, but in Fairbanks the ocean currents keep the temps pretty even. It would bother me not to have the sunshine. I live for that sunshine. When I was in Montana, even in the winter we had sunshine, but here in Washington, eastern side, you still have the clouds during the winter and it drives me crazy. We are getting new lights in our office that will help keep the sunshine feel in the winter. It is quite a move for you but Alaska is beautiful. The moose even go in the yards and enjoy the vegetation along with the bears on the front porch to snooze. Yes, this has happened to my friend.

Morningcoffeegal 09-24-2011 06:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Opps I did it! Winter012 please except my apology for not posting this yesterday!

Birthday Wishes from all of us on the Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap, may all your dreams come true!

winter012 - 9/23
dorrellann - 9/24
Mainewoodsmammie - 9/24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyJs...feature=fvwrel

shnnn 09-24-2011 06:08 AM

When we were up there earlier this month I did make a stop at one of the quilt stores (the company hubby was interviewing with put us in a hotel right next door. How did they know?) A friend of mine told me her brother lives up there and wont let the kids walk without an adult or a dog - it took her a few minute to realize he was talking about animal predators not humans.

sapdoggie 09-24-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Opps I did it! Winter012 please except my apology for not posting this yesterday!

Birthday Wishes from all of us on the Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap, may all your dreams come true!

winter012 - 9/23
dorrellann - 9/24
Mainewoodsmammie - 9/24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyJs...feature=fvwrel

Happy Birthday ! Have a great today and many greater tomorrows!

jigs1354 09-24-2011 06:57 AM

You are getting blocks for your GD's quilt. I have been making some for her also. I have 3 finished and will be making 2 more from a different pattern. So will be sending as soon as these last 2 are done. I've cut them out so will be sewing them later today. The three that are finished are the ones from the 1987 book I found the pattern in at the library. They are so pretty and I think your GD. will like them.
By the way how old is she anyway? Does ahe live near you?
Well, must get down to business so I can send these to you next week.
Have a great week end!!
Shirley/Tn.

Oh My My the mailman brought me a fantastic pair of "Shoe Diva's today! Ty Ty Ty Robert my GD is going to love them!

Morningcoffeegal 09-24-2011 07:18 AM

My GD is 7, her name is Alexia & she is in 2nd grade this yr. She is the oldest of 5 GD's total!

Originally Posted by jigs1354
You are getting blocks for your GD's quilt. I have been making some for her also. I have 3 finished and will be making 2 more from a different pattern. So will be sending as soon as these last 2 are done. I've cut them out so will be sewing them later today. The three that are finished are the ones from the 1987 book I found the pattern in at the library. They are so pretty and I think your GD. will like them.
W
ell, must get down to business so I can send these to you next week.
Have a great week end!!
Shirley/Tn.

Oh My My the mailman brought me a fantastic pair of "Shoe Diva's today! Ty Ty Ty Robert my GD is going to love them!

rfbrazell 09-24-2011 08:13 AM

Good Morning Sunshine! A another pair of shoes will be coming your way on monday. Will post picture as soon as the satin stitch is done. Hope you like them.
I'm having my cup of coffee too......OK, maybe the 3rd.
R

My GD is 7, her name is Alexia & she is in 2nd grade this yr. She is the oldest of 5 GD's total!

Originally Posted by jigs1354
W
ell, must get down to business so I can send these to you next week.
Have a great week end!!
Shirley/Tn.

Corry 09-24-2011 08:31 AM

Carsey be looking for the mail man in the next few days. There is a block coming your way I mailed out yesterday.