Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

wanabquilter 10-02-2011 02:15 AM

Thank you, again I am really sorry.

QuilterMomma 10-02-2011 06:08 AM

We will be praying for a job breakthru for you. Hang in there and just sew to your hearts content since you have some time on your hands. Time to finish the therapy quilting can give you.

sewhappy30 10-02-2011 06:21 AM

Got my October partner, can't wait to get started!

sewhappy30 10-02-2011 06:25 AM

Going today to try and find some software so I can start posting pictures of my blocks faster. I have dial-up internet and it takes about 25 minutes to post 1 picture, so I never post them. Someone told me about a software program called Photo Deluxe 4 that made her dial-up send pictures in about 2 minutes. I sure hope that will work for me, wish me luck.

jacquie 10-02-2011 06:59 AM

ohh brilliant!!
i'm glad they got there safely :) i would be chasing up the post office otherwise!

i would recommend the 'all butter shortbread' (personally!!)
although once you've tasted it you may never forgive me!! you'll be eating it for; breakfast, eleven's, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper... get the idea?? lol...
it's so 'more-ish'!!!:-D

here's a recipe for it... enjoy!!!

***All-Butter Scottish Shortbread***

175g (6 oz) plain flour
5 tablespoons caster sugar
175g (6 oz) butter

Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas mark 2.

Blend all ingredients well. Dough will be stiff.

Press into a 23cm (9 in) buttered baking dish. Prick top with a fork.

Bake until a pale golden brown on the edges, approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Miss Jacquie,

They got here today and they are FABULOUS.....they are perfect for the quilt.
Do you have a real recipe for shortbread?
R

Lightening1957 10-02-2011 09:10 AM

Got my Oct. swap partner, Neebee3. Ready to find something to make the block now.
My Sept. swap partner your block is definitely in the mail today. Went to post office myself. Sorry so late.

seymoore 10-02-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
Going today to try and find some software so I can start posting pictures of my blocks faster. I have dial-up internet and it takes about 25 minutes to post 1 picture, so I never post them. Someone told me about a software program called Photo Deluxe 4 that made her dial-up send pictures in about 2 minutes. I sure hope that will work for me, wish me luck.

Wishing you good luck! Hope it really works for you!

oldcatlady 10-02-2011 01:21 PM

Philarena,
Did you receive your block yet? I mailed it 1 week ago.
I'm thinking about what block to make for my partner this month. It's going to be crazy at work this week so I won't be able to get anything done but I'm finally on vacation the week after and plan on getting all my swaps up to date-that's my plan and I'm sticking to it! :)

bibliostone 10-02-2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie
ohh brilliant!!
i'm glad they got there safely :) i would be chasing up the post office otherwise!

i would recommend the 'all butter shortbread' (personally!!)
although once you've tasted it you may never forgive me!! you'll be eating it for; breakfast, eleven's, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper... get the idea?? lol...
it's so 'more-ish'!!!:-D

here's a recipe for it... enjoy!!!

***All-Butter Scottish Shortbread***

175g (6 oz) plain flour
5 tablespoons caster sugar
175g (6 oz) butter

Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas mark 2.

Blend all ingredients well. Dough will be stiff.

Press into a 23cm (9 in) buttered baking dish. Prick top with a fork.

Bake until a pale golden brown on the edges, approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Cool and cut into square

Oh yum! I love shortbread.

sewhappy30 10-02-2011 02:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my beautiful fall block from my Sept swap partner madeinmaine. I love it.

from madeinmaine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265451[/ATTACH]