Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

rfbrazell 10-14-2011 10:52 AM

Yes it did.
Will get in the mail on Tueaday.....
R

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Did you recoginize the center fabric, holly and Bow. LOL

OMGosh, had to go look again....that's great. Turned out really pretty, huh? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew
OH MY Robert - another beauty.... Thanks so much...Now please take care of yourself, think of you'all daily.

Jean

rfbrazell 10-14-2011 10:58 AM

No Temp, No swelling, I am always Dizzy, so I am told, eggs for breakfast......Candy Bowl still in storage till next week.
I think that is all. We are and grandkids are doing fine, just had the kitchen remolded. Can't find anytghing yet, but will get it all back in place.
Feel like having an ornage muffin, got a good recipe......?

Love you all
R

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Good Morning Robert this is your dailey check in to see how you are doing! So how are Kathy & you? I used to do home health visits and when I arrived the first thing was a big hug, while I was giving the person a hug I would check skin temp to see if they were running a fever. So here's your hug are you running a fever? Do we need a temp check? I would also do a "sniff sniff" test are you bathing? Any swelling? Any bloating, any pains if so on a scale from 1-10 how would you rate the pain? Are you eating right? What did you eat yesterday? How much sleep are you getting? Any trouble moving around? Any dizzyness? Ok your good let's sit & chat for awhile! How's the wife & kids? It is raining here again I feel I live in Seattle not PA! How's your weather? Do you pass out candy on Halloween? Were'e the candy bowl? LOL There is a reason to my method of madness! Sure hope this finds you feeling better than yesterday! Smile! Hug's to Kathy & You!

Lv2sew2011 10-14-2011 11:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are all my heart fans that I have received so far, Shirleys came today the pink and purple and I just loved them...
And the other two are from Jacquie and I loved them as well...

Great job on my hearts, and many thanks....

Lv2sew2011 10-14-2011 11:38 AM

Got a question for you Embroidery folks if you can help!
I downloaded a applique embroidery design and started the embroidery, it said applique so I added the applique piece and the darn embroidery machine stitch over it...LOL

So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Remember I'm new this embroidery stuff and have no ideal, I went to youtube to find help but all they show is how to do it not how to set your machine to applique....

I would read the the manuel but, being Dyslexic, I have problems understanding the directions. Show me and I can do it. I need pictures...LOL

Now back to youtube to look at some more help video's...LOL

Kristin in ME 10-14-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I downloaded a applique embroidery design and started the embroidery, it said applique so I added the applique piece and the darn embroidery machine stitch over it...LOL

So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Remember I'm new this embroidery stuff and have no ideal, I went to youtube to find help but all they show is how to do it not how to set your machine to applique....

I would read the the manuel but, being Dyslexic, I have problems understanding the directions. Show me and I can do it. I need pictures...LOL

Well, if it makes you feel better, you're beyond me! All I can do on a machine is a 1/4" seam. lol Hope someone can you help you out with that. :)

bibliostone 10-14-2011 03:27 PM

You don't really do anything to set your machine to "applique". On most applique patterns, the first stitching is an outline to let you know where to put your chosen fabric. Then you place the fabric and the next stitching holds it down. Then you trim the added fabric close to the stitching line. The next stitching is a satin stitch that puts a nice edge on the applique. At least that is how my applique patterns usually work. Hope this helps.

Lv2sew2011 10-14-2011 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone

You don't really do anything to set your machine to "applique". On most applique patterns, the first stitching is an outline to let you know where to put your chosen fabric. Then you place the fabric and the next stitching holds it down. Then you trim the added fabric close to the stitching line. The next stitching is a satin stitch that puts a nice edge on the applique. At least that is how my applique patterns usually work. Hope this helps.

That's what I thought and then the darn thing sewed over my appliqued, and covered it up, so I guess maybe the person that made the designed messed up somewhere? who knows...

Kristin in ME 10-14-2011 07:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the block I made for KGoodhand. I had a lot of fun making it and really liked my little snowman- it was hard to say goodbye! :)

This was my first time paper piecing. I found a pattern for a block I liked on-line, then based my design on it. I had the perfect snowflake fabric for the borders and ended up paper piecing the little nine-patch blocks in the corners, as well, because I couldn't figure out the measurements for cutting the little bitty squares! lol

sapdoggie 10-14-2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
This is the block I made for KGoodhand. I had a lot of fun making it and really liked my little snowman- it was hard to say goodbye! :)

This was my first time paper piecing. I found a pattern for a block I liked on-line, then based my design on it. I had the perfect snowflake fabric for the borders and ended up paper piecing the little nine-patch blocks in the corners, as well, because I couldn't figure out the measurements for cutting the little bitty squares! lol

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Great job :!: :!:

rfbrazell 10-14-2011 08:10 PM

CUTE, CUTE< Cute......Great Job

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME