Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Foxflower 01-18-2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 4845148)
[Will be on my way to target to get some 8x10's printed out....
Hey Dotty, did you know we got married on St. Patricks day almost 40 years ago. Maybe one year we all will have to go to Ireland for Christmas, we'll must make this an annual date to have Christmas in another part of the world, Already researching Barcelona for next year.....Feliz Navidad.....
I've been to Ireland ( North) 3 times and love it. But I really want to go to Italy, and of course Paris for Cathy. get packing....
R
QUOTE=dotcomdtcm;4843722]I finished the snowball quit. It is very dramatic., I am not crazy for embroidery but the snowflakes really add the prefect accent. Still photo challenged but I will ask a buddy to post for me. Roberto, your girls all need an autographed 8 x 10" of your avatar. Just wait until St Patrick's Day!.. I celebrate any holiday with a menu!

[/QUOTE]

Robert, What made you decide to get married on St. Patrick's Day? Are you Irish as well as Italian?

rfbrazell 01-18-2012 02:38 PM

My Mom's family was 1st generation from Italy
My Fathers family was 1st Generation from County Cork Southern Ireland.
but we never met any of my fathers family, except for his brother. My Dad's mom died when he was 2 1/2 yrs old. Dad took off when me Dad and his brother were 12 and 13 living in seattle and they came home from school one day and he was gone and they never saw him again. He just abanded them and moved to Austrailia and then settled in Vancouver BC. It's all a sad story.
So we learned the Italian way of life, but in the last 10 years I have been to Ireland 3 times.
Thanks for asking
RRobert, What made you decide to get married on St. Patrick's Day? Are you Irish as well as Italian?[/QUOTE]

rfbrazell 01-18-2012 02:40 PM

Oh yes, forgot to tell you about day we got married. When we set the date we didn't even know it was St. Patricks day.
LOL
R

emc1118 01-18-2012 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cjr (Post 4886776)
emc118, If you have photos please post. Everyone should see them they are so perfect. It takes me forever to post something. To many tghings to do to get from camera to here. Thanks for posting

No problem cjr, I don't mind posting. It took a couple of days to figure out but if I look long or hard enough I can do or find most things as before. Glad to help! I have noticed there aren't as many block pictures as before. Alot of people are still working out the kinks so to speak.

shnnn 01-18-2012 05:18 PM

Robert, What made you decide to get married on St. Patrick's Day? Are you Irish as well as Italian?[/QUOTE]

I got married on Friday the 13th... what's that say about me :shock:

shnnn 01-18-2012 05:21 PM

Emc I love those blocks!
I have finally solved my dilema for setting blocks for my hearts and butterflies... only 5 more to go! :D

Foxflower 01-18-2012 09:49 PM

Robert, what an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it. Funny coincidence about getting married on St. Patricks Day then.

CJR and emc those are beautiful hearts!!!

Shnnn -- getting married on that day means you'll have many years of good luck, right? ;) Can't wait to see how the hearts and butterflies quilts turns out.

Lv2sew2011 01-19-2012 10:43 AM

I got married just a few days until Christmas....I should of just waited for Christmas and got married then...LOL

Donna

Originally Posted by shnnn (Post 4888213)
Robert, What made you decide to get married on St. Patrick's Day? Are you Irish as well as Italian?

I got married on Friday the 13th... what's that say about me :shock:[/QUOTE]

rfbrazell 01-19-2012 05:24 PM

No wonder why we all get along well. We all got married on crazy days. On other funny story about our wedding was when we got our picture book back we opened it up and there was pictures of a person in a casket and all the flowers and pictures of the funeral. Turns out it was our photographer mother who had passed away.....
LOL

emc1118 01-19-2012 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by shnnn (Post 4888219)
Emc I love those blocks!
I have finally solved my dilema for setting blocks for my hearts and butterflies... only 5 more to go! :D

Thanks shnnn.
Hearts and butterflies sounds interesting.