Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

rfbrazell 01-31-2012 06:19 PM

Molly finished the second one and will be in the mail tomorrow.
R

WilliP 01-31-2012 07:04 PM

I would probably go with a light cream and any color. The cream background could unify a delicious selection of scrappy blocks. I am starting back on my "Scrappy Trails" top and the unifying fabric is the cream background tone on tone.

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom (Post 4867343)
Now I have another question. My partner said she is new at this, and so she doesn't have a lot of theme to work with. One of my favorite blocks is the Ohio Star. I thought since she was from Ohio that would work great. My question is colors, she doesn't have anything specific. So, I am asking you to help me decide on colors. What would you go with?

WilliP 01-31-2012 07:16 PM

The question is, do you enjoy the swap? If so, continue on, maybe opt out if yu feel overwhelmed. I am just now getting back into this after life happened. I too managed to get behind and have sent blocks to those assigned me that I hadn't sent on time. I hope they will let me know when they recieve the blocks I sent. If not, oh well, I have fulfilled my end. I am stockpiling a variety of blocks just for those partners I may get who haven't a specific theme or color. That way, if my assigned partner doesn't have time to contact me with specifics, I can send his/her block as best it happens. WilliP

ljdugas31 01-31-2012 07:38 PM

Nadia got my block today and you did a beautiful job i LOVE it!!!! Thank you so much. Linda

MadeinMaine 02-01-2012 03:20 AM

February block swap

:thumbup: Reminder: I will be posting the list of February partners sometime tonight in the GROUP section. I will also be adding a February discussion line for participants to post notes that are specifically related to the Feb. swap (when blocks are sent, received, comments, etc).
I will also be working on a list of participants and their block themes and if they would like to do extra swaps. Please let me know by PM if you would like to do extra swaps.
Thanks for your participation and cooperation.
shirley

Lv2sew2011 02-01-2012 03:56 AM

Sorry I haven't been on much, I havent been feeling to well, but I'm starting to get back into things. I've already sent the top in I used yellow and purple with applique fish. So thanks for the offer, wish I would of seen it sooner.

I like this swap and the others, I want to continue swapping, just know that sometimes my back gives me fits, and sometimes hard to get out of bed so I don't except to go to the bathroom. But I haven't let any one down getting there blocks to them, I don't think I've been late on this swap yet...And can't wait to get started on Feburary ...

The blocks being sent around are awesome great job!

Donna

Donna

Originally Posted by shnnn (Post 4915862)
How much glittery purple do you need? I know I have some left from a project, but not sure how much is there.

QuilterMomma 02-01-2012 02:51 PM

It is always nice to see you up and around again when you are here luvsew.

sustraley 02-01-2012 03:56 PM

Patiently waiting for the list to see who my partner is. HaHa. No pressure!!

ntaylor 02-01-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 (Post 4930901)
Nadia got my block today and you did a beautiful job i LOVE it!!!! Thank you so much. Linda

I read this AFTER i pm'd you...lol
glad you like it!

MadeinMaine 02-01-2012 08:54 PM

I have posted the February list of parters in the Group section.
Sorry - it's not how I wanted it to look but maybe someday I will figure out how to make tables there. If someone can help me figure it out, I would be most appreciative.
Enjoy the February swap!! :)
shirley