Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Whigrose 02-28-2012 07:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=bibliostone;5011521]Received two lovely blocks from Coconuts on Sat.

(Gently snipped)...Teal star block from Coconuts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]315694[/ATTACH]

I love the basket block but the teal star block would go perfectly with my blocks. As I make a block for each of my Monthly Quilting Bee Swap partners I also make one for me using the same pattern but in the aqua/turquoise color family. The turquois block is from Shnnn and the two aqua blocks are replicas of the blocks I sent to Amber2009 for Feb.

If you look closely under the blocks you can see I have the pattern drawn out for a pp block. That is the pattern I used for Shnnn, my Jan. swap partner. (Pattern from QuiltersCache-State of Maine block.)

The phd on the table is the quilt top I am doing for the Quilt for Quilters swap. It'll be going to QuilterMomma in the next couple of months.

Then there is the log cabin I am working on using one of my treadle machines. And then there is .... :-)

best,
d

Annaquilts 02-28-2012 07:51 AM

Yummy quilt pictures. I really like all the colors.

[QUOTE=Whigrose;5015818]

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 5011521)
Received two lovely blocks from Coconuts on Sat.

I love the basket block but the teal star block would go perfectly with my blocks. As I make a block for each of my Monthly Quilting Bee Swap partners I also make one for me using the same pattern but in the aqua/turquoise color family. The turquois block is from Shnnn and the two aqua blocks are replicas of the blocks I sent to Amber2009 for Feb.

If you look closely under the blocks you can see I have the pattern drawn out for a pp block. That is the pattern I used for Shnnn, my Jan. swap partner. (Pattern from QuiltersCache-State of Maine block.)

The phd on the table is the quilt top I am doing for the Quilt for Quilters swap. It'll be going to QuilterMomma in the next couple of months.

Then there is the log cabin I am working on using one of my treadle machines. And then there is .... :-)

best,
d

QuilterMomma 02-28-2012 08:43 AM

Ah Whigrose, my quilt is here also. It is lovely unless you are making one for yourself as well.

cjr 02-28-2012 09:23 AM

I do the same thing, as I make a block for swap, I make one for myself. That way I have practice and can send the nicer one to swapper. There are a couple i did not do this with and wish I had. Quite a variety of colors and themes.

rfbrazell 02-28-2012 09:46 AM

That Baltimore ( I think its abaltimore pattern) is AMAZING.....OMG just amazing.
Roberto
[QUOTE=Whigrose;5015818]

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 5011521)
Received two lovely blocks from Coconuts on Sat.

best,
d

wanabquilter 02-28-2012 06:02 PM

I have read about how up-set some of your are. For my part I am sorry I got so far behind on my blocks. Like /corry I had things happening and it felt like one bad thing after another. However I too did get my blocks to you all. But not everyone got thier block to me and they never said anything. Not even when my block got to them. Did I find out they recieved they're block. tisk tisk.

rfbrazell 02-28-2012 06:30 PM

Sorry you are upset wannabquilter, We are like a family, after 40 years with my wife sometimes we just don't get the things done we said we would do. but we have learned when that happens either she will do my part or I will do hers. It's about being a family and YOU are part of our family. If you ever need help with your blocks and can't get them done, YOU have my permisoon to PM me and ask me for help. I'd love to do it for you. I have done it for others that had got sick or just couldn't do it. No worries you are appreciated and we love having you.
R

Originally Posted by wanabquilter (Post 5017327)
I have read about how up-set some of your are. For my part I am sorry I got so far behind on my blocks. Like /corry I had things happening and it felt like one bad thing after another. However I too did get my blocks to you all. But not everyone got thier block to me and they never said anything. Not even when my block got to them. Did I find out they recieved they're block. tisk tisk.

Oksewnsew 02-28-2012 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to go ahead and post the pix of the blocks I sent to Natasha (nattoddboyd) for the Feb.swap. I pm'd her when I sent her's and she said I could post the pix. She should be receiving them very soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316218[/ATTACH]

Oksewnsew 02-28-2012 06:57 PM

Wanabquilter, I can help you if you'll just holler, who knows I may have to holler some day.. Robert, hope you're doing well now..Please take care.

Sew Hugs,
Jean

wanabquilter 02-28-2012 07:03 PM

Robert, I would so love to meet you and your wife. You have such a wonder spirit about you. I was venting back, because after this last year I know that LIFE happens and we don't have control, God does. I have no right to be up-set. I did take too long.