Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Elisabrat 11-25-2013 06:14 PM

Oh Robert I would love to sneak a seat at your table for a chance at one of those runners. I am having a tiny dinner at our home for the three of us. We couldn't actually afford to do it but there was a man who sits in the chair next to mine at dialysis who I recalled didn't know anyone in town. So I asked if he was busy for Thanksgiving and he said he was just staying home so I invited him over for dinner. He was so happy to accept and I feel its worth stretching it a bit to make it happen. Tonight I made butternuts squash raviolis to have as a side, inexpensive to make and well we are not supposed to have potatoes so this is an alternative. Serve them with sage brown butter.. hope he likes them. I am getting creative with what we have :) so maybe I don't need a pretty runner this feels almost as good as winning. Almost wink wink..

I mailed to Australia today my oh my did I get the wrong postal worker. he charged me a horrific amount for a little brown 5x7 envelope with two blocks. I almost flopped over lol. I hope my partner gets them in fast shipping time (right) and they arrive well.

chickadeee55 11-26-2013 03:35 AM

Robert, those runners are beautiful, and the thought behind the making is so precious. Even if we don't win one, we have the pleasure of viewing you work here on the quilting board. Thank you for sharing your art and sharing your work with others that are truly needy. Kindness like this means so much to people.

Retired Fire Chief 11-26-2013 05:16 AM

Robert, I've waited a long time to see your runners but I must say it was well worth the wait. They are stunning and you are so generous to give them away at your church. You do such beautiful work, I feel fortunate to be the proud owner of some of it.

cowgirlquilter 11-26-2013 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 6422999)
Let's all welcome Frenchfryqueen! After the Holidaze ! we can do some side swaps!

Frenchfryqueen,
Welcome to our wonderful quilts family. You will find listening ears, broad shoulders, smiles, hugs, laughs, and of course......quilting!!!!!! Pm me and I will do a side swap during December, if you like!

cowgirlquilter 11-26-2013 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 6419307)
I'm snitching. Our beloved Roberto Fabuloso is back in the hospital with diabetes related drama. Let's all send super positive thoughts to get him home & keep him there!

Roberto fabuloso........glad to see that our super powers of sending positive thoughts and prayers is working and that you are back home......hugs to you and your beautiful Cathy from Oklahoma!!!!!,

cjr 11-26-2013 09:04 AM

Roberto,
Beautiful runners and even more beautiful thoughts. your guests will treasure them along with happy memories. Happy Thanksgiving!
PS.Still waiting for your Vegas trip

frenchfryqueen 11-26-2013 11:35 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! I can tell this is a fun group!

rfbrazell 11-26-2013 12:17 PM

Hey Girl,
You are the winner for doing what you are doing. That is what will make a difference in our country. That dinner is just my Italian path. It sounds fabulouso!
Keep on going girl.
All the best
Robert

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6424505)
Oh Robert I would love to sneak a seat at your table for a chance at one of those runners. I am having a tiny dinner at our home for the three of us. We couldn't actually afford to do it but there was a man who sits in the chair next to mine at dialysis who I recalled didn't know anyone in town. So I asked if he was busy for Thanksgiving and he said he was just staying home so I invited him over for dinner. He was so happy to accept and I feel its worth stretching it a bit to make it happen. Tonight I made butternuts squash raviolis to have as a side, inexpensive to make and well we are not supposed to have potatoes so this is an alternative. Serve them with sage brown butter.. hope he likes them. I am getting creative with what we have :) so maybe I don't need a pretty runner this feels almost as good as winning. Almost wink wink..

I mailed to Australia today my oh my did I get the wrong postal worker. he charged me a horrific amount for a little brown 5x7 envelope with two blocks. I almost flopped over lol. I hope my partner gets them in fast shipping time (right) and they arrive well.

rfbrazell 11-26-2013 12:19 PM

Not fair to be in Oklahoma.....WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Happy Thanksgiving friend.
Robert

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter (Post 6425021)
Roberto fabuloso........glad to see that our super powers of sending positive thoughts and prayers is working and that you are back home......hugs to you and your beautiful Cathy from Oklahoma!!!!!,

Nelco 11-26-2013 05:54 PM

got my block from themammahauser today. Love it thanks.